Subject: Can you supply in a city with plague cubes? (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert (Aalst)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game mechanically it makes sense (to avoid an outbreak), but thematically it feels a bit weird to supply a city that already has a plague cube on it. So to be sure I ask the question: can you supply a city that already has a plague cube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Like in real life, you can supply preventive supplies to places that have incurable illnesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pozman wrote:
Game mechanically it makes sense (to avoid an outbreak), but thematically it feels a bit weird to supply a city that already has a plague cube on it. So to be sure I ask the question: can you supply a city that already has a plague cube?

Yes you can, and on top of that: You better do it or you will loose a lot of games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary G
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can supply a plagued city. Infact it is essential or else you will be outbreaking the entire game.

Be cautious though. If you go to save a city and end up 'starting' your turn in a Plagued city you scratch for an Exposure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pozman wrote:

Yes, and thematically I think of it as the Plague cubes indicate how bad it is in that city going from 1-3. These are steps towards a critical infection level. We still have the ability to stabilize the city, but it's looking bad.
Our job, even if a city has one cube, is to deliver supplies so that the infection doesn't hit critical mass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.