Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching the video playthrough and at the 50 minute marker I found a rule that was pretty strange. Eyrie is attacking with 3 warriors a clearing with 2 cats and a workshop.

If Eyrie would have scored 3 hits they would have killed all warriors and the workshop. So 1/4 chance basically.

The Cats however decided to retreat, this means that no battle happens and the workshop is unharmed. This to me doesn't make a sense.

In my opinion the defensive players should have the option to stand his ground and try to defend his holding, by sacrificing some warriors he just might hold onto the workshop. The other option is to flee and give up the clearing and workshop.

But here, retreating is a good way to hold onto a workshop, especially if you knew that the opposing players couldn't battle any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that the Eyrie spent their them chasing the Cats off rather than destroying the buildings. The attacker gets a big advantage in this game--this is one place where the defender has an edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
KronikAlkoholik wrote:
I'm watching the video playthrough and at the 50 minute marker I found a rule that was pretty strange...

Wait, where is this video? I've seen the 7:37 minute long "explanation" video on YouTube but I can't find a gameplay one. Anyone have a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
KronikAlkoholik wrote:
I'm watching the video playthrough and at the 50 minute marker I found a rule that was pretty strange...

Wait, where is this video? I've seen the 7:37 minute long "explanation" video on YouTube but I can't find a gameplay one. Anyone have a link?

Went up late last night, they sent it with the KS update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxhtBll388
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.