Johan Dahlberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I've self-published two games and am FINALLY mentally ready to send them to publishers. I can find loads of lists of "publishers who accept submissions" with a quick google search, but does anyone have any personal recommendations?

I'm originally from Sweden but live in the UK and US which is why I don't want to go with a Swedish publishers (also, bigger markets).

Thanks in advance for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please list the sorts of components you need made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Dahlberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I have two games. One is a pure card game, so poker sized cards (around 80 of them), rule booklet and box.

The other is more of a board and card game hybrid. It includes around 200 cards, four smaller player boards, wooden locomotive figures, wooden cubes (as play pieces), 124 small tokens, rule booklet and box.

I am currently printing on-demand using The Game Crafter, which is great but expensive and I have zero market. I'm hoping to get it out into shops though a publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gamesandprint.co.uk/ made me some nice cards. I would use them again. All I needed was cards, so that's all I can speak for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I think I may have misunderstood the question. I thought you were looking for something to put together to take to the publisher, but you are looking for publishers themselves, correct? If so, sorry no help here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
The UK Games Expo is a great place to meet UK publishers. A few good ones that I've pitched to there were Inside The Box Games, Alley Cat Games, Osprey Games.

But really, you should try to find a publisher that "fits" your game. For example, Mayday Games is known for having mostly light/filler games (e.g. Coconuts, Dead Man's Draw, Click Clack Lumberjack), while CGE does mostly euro-style games (Through The Ages, Tash Kalar, Tzolkin). Try to find a publisher whose existing audience would love your game.

I could point you to a few Facebook groups full of publishers too, if you like. But most of them will prefer being pitched to in person (at a convention).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What theme do the games have? What are the minimum ages? Are you trying to get them both published in one place or are you flexible? Any preference regarding location (e. g. would an US publisher be ok)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For components try https://www.spielematerial.de/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=Tra...

They have the train and cube pieces you mention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Dahlberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Some great suggestions, I'll check them all out I'll try to find someone that focuses more on casual games, which is what mine are.

I already have actual copies that are ready to be shown to publishers. I need publishers, not components or printers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a family-friendly card game you could try Amigo. Here are their rules regarding game submissions: https://www.amigo-spiele.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Infor... Have not heard anything bad about them but that does not mean much.

Maybe your other game would also fit although the way it sounds that may be less likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.