Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Gergotz
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on here.

I just recently picked up a copy of the base game and the 5-6 player expansion. I discovered that the players' personal farm boards are slightly different in the 2 boxes.

In the base game, the player boards are pretty much the same on both sides, but in the expansion, one side of the player boards has spaces for players to hold their resources at the top of their farm.

Is this a mistake or is that really how they were meant to be? Personally, I like having the storage spaces at the top, so it's a little disappointing that 2 out of my 6 boards have this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
We only have the base game, pretty sure there are no spaces marked out. There is space though - it's just not marked out. All your stores of grain, pumpkins and stone get put in piles on the grass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the Zman version is like that too. Two boards have slots, the others don’t. It doesn’t really matter to me since I just play with my wife. But when we teach someone I’ll give them a board with slots and do without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand the design decisions regarding that. My Agricola stuff is the same. First edition had a couple of boards with the "stalls" for resources, the rest did not.

Revised edition, I have two with stalls, & 4 without. I bought the Revised base & Revised expansion together, so I don't remember which ones came with which.

I much prefer the player boards with stalls, & I actually wrote the company recently asking if I could purchase more of them so all of my boards could be the same. They responded (very politely) that they don't offer them for sale.

It's just weird, & I can't think of another game that does it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could you take a picture? I was always partial to the goods slots and was disappointed they nixed them on the (base game) revised boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
rybaby wrote:
Could you take a picture? I was always partial to the goods slots and was disappointed they nixed them on the (base game) revised boards.

I'd love a picture too because I'm too dense to understand. I looked at the one picture of the expansion that's posted on its game page and I don't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, all the boards without the stalls still have silhouettes of the various goods along the edge of each board. Or maybe I'm just thinking of the bonus boards in the Goodies expansion, I forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the picture. It's cool, but certainly not needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.