Subject: ??? after middle east recon (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
so i'm confused about what to do if i draw hollowmen cards during setup when one infects the grid. do these cards function the same way as they do during regular gameplay (meaning you'll have to draw more than 9 cards during setup)? presumably so, but it seems like a big oversight to have not updated the setup page to indicate this.

or is it that you leave them out of the infection deck, do the infect step normally, and put them all in the infect discard pile (the same way as when they were introduced)? if so, again it seems like a huge oversight to not mention this by updating the rulebook.

or were they only supposed to attack that one time, and i'm not supposed to include them in the infection deck at all in the next game (until something else happens in the future)?

did i miss a dossier i was supposed to open?

edit: oops i original posted this as europe recon, but it was actually middle east recon (box 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gazzola
msg tools
Re: ??? after europe recon (spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Yes, they start each game in the infection discard pile and yes you missed some things concerning it. I am not near my game to tell you which sticker/door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Higdon
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You should have gotten sticker 16 that goes on the game board in the infection discard space, as well as rule stickers for the book. During setup your Hollow men gathers cards go in the discard pile and won't be shuffled into the deck until your first epidemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
well that sucks, i just checked but no sticker 16 anywhere to be found (i've kept everything in a 'removed from game box').

this is depressing. first the messed up dossier boards that rip and ruin the board stickers, and now this...

thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like maybe you missed opening it, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Zero wrote:

Nope, all stickers cards were there but one (the most important one), according to an inventory another user posted to help out. So basically, my box 2 was simply missing an incredibly core component...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
rahdo wrote:
so i'm confused about what to do if i draw hollowmen cards during setup when one infects the grid. do these cards function the same way as they do during regular gameplay (meaning you'll have to draw more than 9 cards during setup)? presumably so, but it seems like a big oversight to have not updated the setup page to indicate this.

or is it that you leave them out of the infection deck, do the infect step normally, and put them all in the infect discard pile (the same way as when they were introduced)? if so, again it seems like a huge oversight to not mention this by updating the rulebook.

or were they only supposed to attack that one time, and i'm not supposed to include them in the infection deck at all in the next game (until something else happens in the future)?

did i miss a dossier i was supposed to open?

edit: oops i original posted this as europe recon, but it was actually middle east recon (box 5)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You NEVER put your "Hollow Men Gather" cards in the deck during the initial infection. If one is mixed in accidentally, place it in the discard pile and replace it. You should never see those before your first Epidemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Rahdo, sorry to hear you're missing a component. If you post the missing number, I can help you out. Perhaps it's P2-30b? That's the last one in the package:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19RzfB1pF4dW-CJP_4zWAPXXk0V...

rahdo wrote:
Super Zero wrote:

Nope, all stickers cards were there but one (the most important one), according to an inventory another user posted to help out. So basically, my box 2 was simply missing an incredibly core component...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect, thanks matt!

i've gone to the zman replacement parts page and filled out the form, so we should be good.

thanks to everyone that helped out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.