Subject: Which abilities can be used in Skirmish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Rules p.19 say that "certain abilities" may be used?
My question was immediately which ones...
does every card state if it can be used in skirmish, like "Boomstick" AB#FC20 or "Call upon Cthulu AB#FC22 or can others be used as well like "Blessing of the cross" AB#FC07?
If the former is correct it would be very helpful to replace the "certain abilities" with something like; "all abilities usable in Skirmish will say so on the card".

2) Further it says that only abilities that require an attack roll can reduce the skirmish counter.

I take this to mean that even if an ability is used in a Skirmish it will only ever affect the skirmish counter if it onvolves a percentile roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Most ability cards do state if useable during skirmish. And all abilities with an hour class can also be used at any time so also during skirmish. And if an ability with just damage and no attack roll needed states it is useable during skirmish that card goes before the rule book. So then it also inflicts damage to skirmish.
mostly for skirmish there are special rules per ability that states how it works for skirmish so basically slightly altered abilitypowers but then its stated on each card.

So the rule book here speaks for hour class abilities that if no attack roll is included won't be usable as damage output during a skirmish. Since those hour class abilities often do not have special rules for skirmish printed on.

Hope this helps a bit.

All the best
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

I couldn't find any hourglass Abilities with attack rolls on them at all in my deck though...but if I understand, you're saying that if there are any such cards you can't use them as damage in a Skirmish?

So basically, if I understand correctly, all we need to do is follow the text on the card. If it doesn't say usable during Skirmish you can't use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Yep exactly that way :-).

Greets
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Well one add: Hour glass abilities do not need any text for skirmishes since they can be used at any time so if no damage dealing hour glass ability in the deck you can still use any of them.
Problem with attack dice roll is that you get more damage than just one and skirmish can only be lowered by one per round or by two with devastating blow. So that's why no damage cards are allowed rules wise.

Have a good one
Cheers
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain to me how this works in the context of the Arcanist's auras which explicitly say they can be used in a skirmish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.