Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm looking to get back into the game and am looking to get the Aberration prime card (an actual/original)...is it only in the plastic box set or was it in a cry havoc, and if so what issue? thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Annecy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheddarpaw wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to get back into the game and am looking to get the Aberration prime card (an actual/original)...is it only in the plastic box set or was it in a cry havoc, and if so what issue? thanks!

All cards (Confrontation and Hybrid) for the Aberration prime were in the base set for the game, with the metal miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh! I had not even checked. I just found my pre painted abby prime from CAOR and thought it had s different profile than the metal one when the released the original plastic 3.5 kit. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Aberration Prime is a different figure than the metal Aberration that comes with the Hybrid base game.

The Hybrid stat card for the Aberration Prime comes in the Aberration Prime Box Set. This box set is a multi-part plastic model, that is not pre-painted or assembled.

It is a little confusing because of the name similarity, plus the model was never produced in metal. In addition to that the miniature has a bunch of options on how you build the figure(different arms, head, chest, etc.) and the stats for the figure are different according to what parts it has. This is all detailed on the card itself.

Here are images of the box set that contains the card:

- edit -

Also, the pre-painted Aberration Prime does not come with the card.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan is correct on all accounts.

The Aberration and the Aberration Prime are two different beasties

The cards for the Aberration Prime were only available in the unpainted, unassembled plastic kit for Confrontation (Btw. that was the only plastic kit ever produced for that game). The assembled, prepainted plastic Aberration Prime for Confrontation: The Age of the Rag'Narok does not contain the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get back into the labs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheddarpaw wrote:
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get back into the labs.

I would love to get this to the table again. What a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.