Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a new low, even for the Alabama GOP, because the reasons for prosecution is not what one would imagine

Quote:
An Alabama GOP state representative said Friday that he thinks legal action should be taken against the women who accused Roy Moore of sexual misconduct with a minor.

State Rep. Ed Henry told the Cullman Times that he is “not buying” the Washington Post report, which was published with accounts from four women and backed up by 30 sources. The report accused Moore of kissing and sexually touching a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years,” Henry said. “I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/359792-alabama-state...

So basically not even stating the accusations were lies, just that they just took too long to come forward with them. This is despicable thinking even for the right these days. But they will welcome Senator Moore with open arms, as long as he can deliver a vote to help their backers loot the country
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That really is impressive. So a 14 year old girl who is touched sexually by a man in his thirties is somehow criminally liable if she doesn't come forward?

That's the ultimate "hold my beer" for normal victim-blaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, let's not address whether the allegations are true, let's blame the left, for the timing of the story. shake

And even if you can blame the left for the timing of the story, does that make the allegations go away?

Although it's a stretch to say the Repubs are going to welcome this guy with open arms. He is a Bannon anti-establishment pick, and I think, even if he does get elected, Repubs are going to keep this guy at arms distance. Don't get me wrong, they will relish the fact that a Dem was not elected, but neither will they be jumping up and down at the prospect of having this clown as a fellow party member in Congress. He might even be a thorn in their sides, potentially going rogue on several voting issues, where he might differ with more moderate Repubs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Steve King's take on it;

King tweeted Thursday night:

Judge Roy Moore told to withdraw by Senators who won't or can't help move Trump agenda. https://t.co/CIu13mbsvo
— Steve King (@SteveKingIA) November 10, 2017

His tweet includes a link to a Breitbart article listing the Republican senators who have condemned Moore and called for him to end his campaign, including Arizona Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, and Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins.

I won't break it to Steve that the Repubs can only afford to lose 2 votes in the Senate, to push ANY of Trumps agenda. And on any given day, there may be more than these 3 that object to Trumps agenda, or at least the legislation pushed, based on its merits. Someone has to sit Steve down, and explain to him the mathematics of Congress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this gem, Falwell pulling the Trump equivalency;

Jerry Falwell Jr., president of evangelical Liberty University, is standing by Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing an allegation he had inappropriate sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.

"It comes down to a question who is more credible in the eyes of the voters — the candidate or the accuser," Falwell told the Religion News Service.

The Washington Post reported that Leigh Corfman said she met Moore when she was just 14 years old in 1979 and he was 32. She claimed they kissed and he later touched her inappropriately.

Noting Moore has denied the Corfman’s claim, Falwell said: "And I believe the judge is telling the truth."

He added: "The same thing happened to President Trump a few weeks before his election last year except it was several women making allegations. He denied that any of them were true and the American people believed him and elected him the 45th president of the United States."

Yes, we (Americans) elected Trump because we believed him when he said he did not harass all those women.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried hard to avoid those jokes about Alabaman men and 14 year old girls as being perhaps unfair to Alabamans.

But the Alabaman GOP's performance in circling the wagons around Moore has me rethinking that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember: It's not Rape if you say you didn't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
No idea why y'all are surprised. The GOP wants to lock up Hillary AND Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, probably Bernie Sanders (psst -- he's a Commie y'know!), Nancy Pelosi (okay, I can get behind that one), Harry Reid, all homosexuals/bisexuals/people WOMEN who enjoy sex, people who smoke dope (but not pop opoids, they're white good people), people who don't stand for the national anthem, and six-years-old smuggled illegally into the country by their parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.