6 Posts

New Angeles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Threat from illness token when unrest token is flipped rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ivan panasuk
msg tools
mb
Should I increase the threat by 2 from the illness token effect when I flip unrest token (for example with Spin Doctors action card effect by 1 stage from strike to protest)?

I'm not sure that the action card involves a district in this case, since token does not moved, removed or placed. The rules say nothing about "flipped".

32.1 An action card involves a district if a token or unit was moved into, moved out of, placed into, or removed from that district. This includes a district that a token or unit would be moved or placed into but cannot be because other tokens or units prevent that placement or movement or because of component limitations.

68.1 When a district’s unrest increases from stable to protest, an unrest token is placed in that district’s condition box so the protest side is visible. When unrest increases from protest to strike, that unrest token is flipped so that its strike side is visible.

68.2 Unrest decreases in reverse order. Strike is decreased to protest by flipping the unrest token so its protest side is visible. Protest decreases to stable by removing the unrest token from the board.

40. When a unit or token is placed, a player takes that unit or token from the reserve and places it on the board in the indicated district

47.1 When a unit or token is removed from the board by a card effect, it is returned to the reserve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the threat increase is applied as well. We've never read so far into the rules, just assumed anytime anything happens in an ill district, we have to add 2 threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board state changed. That's usually my measure.

I'm certain that otherwise Unrest/Protest would be spelled out as being different.

I'm of the belief that if FFG could print 3 sided tokens (to add OUTAGE), they would have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Board state changed. That's usually my measure.

Yes, I would use that as well.

Although the rules do define transitions between unrest and strike to be flipping the token and doesn't define flipping as other than changing the side, I consider the three possible states of a district to be represented by a three-sided token, and transitions between any of the states are accomplished by removing the current token and placing the token with one the three sides facing up.

The use of flipping may well be intentional, but it should be specified explicitly to not be considered affecting the district if so.

The state of the district is different than it started with, so it has been affected by the action card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Laffey
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See rule reference 32.6
Threat does not increase when a district with an illness token is exploited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Padraig wrote:
See rule reference 32.6
Threat does not increase when a district with an illness token is exploited.

Being exploited is not an effect from an action card, so illness token does not affect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.