Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
This may seem dumb. I'm not sure how the two Carthaginain generals that do not start the game, ever get onto the board.

Section 6.1, Carthaginian Reinforcments, only seems to indicate where a CU can be placed. Where it states "or with any general" implies to me the CU has to go to a general already in play.

Can a general come in with the reinforcement CU?

If so, can the Carthaginian player have all five generals on the board in the second game turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Carthaginian Generals Entry Question
Fury (#30533),

In the initial board setup you should note that two generals start the game in Hannibal's holding area. They start the game as subordinates to Hannibal but can be split off with appropriate orders. Are these the two rogue generals you are looking for?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#30543),

Thanks! That is exactly what I missed.

I did not understand the Holding Area concept. I thought set up rule that meant put the generals into their slot on the left hand corner of the Carthage edge of the board until activated.

Now I assume that area is each general's "holding box" of their units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albergo
United States
Brightwaters
New York
flag msg tools
I also have a question regarding these generals. If I want to bring Gisgo and Mago, who are traveling with Hannibal, into play, I understand that I can do this by dropping them off as Hannibal travels. Do I need a Major or Minor Campaign card just to drop them off? Or can I drop them off simply by moving Hannibal, and choose to activate them (and any accompanying combat units) with an appropriate card on a later turn? I've just played my first game of Hannibal, and I got whacked by Turn 4, in part because I didn't make use of these generals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
albergom (#63861),

You are free to move Hannibal and drop the other generals off along the way. You can then move either of these generals on the next card you play, assuming it is of a high enough strategy number to move him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albergom (#63861),
You may also activate a subordinate general attached to Hannibal and have him move off with 1 or more CU (and another subordinate general if you so wish), leaving Hannibal in the original space.

Of course, this is not what you asked. Just thought to mention it for completeness sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.