Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Hi all. I had no interest in this game due to the box art, but two weeks ago I got to play it for the first time. Holy crap. It keeps coming back to my mind and now I very much want to play it again! It seemed excellent. I'm slightly worried that my all ranchers all the time strategy worked too well (my first game but I won by a fair amount), but otherwise... I wanted

When is it likely to be reprinted? I can't find a copy anywhere.

Thanks!
Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two copies sitting on the shelf at my local Cool Stuff (Maitland). If you are cool paying $49.99 for the game plus international shipping, I'm happy to send you a copy.

Ranchers are a powerful strategy, but they can be beaten. I find that it is best to compliment two distinct strategies such that actions taken in one area springboard you towards more efficient actions in the other area of focus.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pau, there are copies at Le Valet de Coeur !!??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Cows give you more money, which gets you more cowboys! Was awesome

Currently kind of hoping order from greatboardgames or 401games, both are (after tax) a lot $20 cheaper!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The scuttlebutt is that lookout games was sold and Stronghold is no longer the U.S. distributor. That probably means a hiccup in production.

I have noticed that the game has disappeared from the Stronghold Games Website on the "coming up" calendar. It was there before with a question mark next in the date column. Now it is gone. I'm taking that as confirmation.

as a side-note:

I've got a completely tricked-out copy that I'll sell.

I've added (1) the boardgameinnovations.com overlays

plus (2) other color printed player aids,

plus both of the promos(3) and (4): the 3 tile drawing bags and the two extra tiles.

PM me if you really need it for christmas.

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this posting, Re: Gone missing from Stronghold website?, Eggertspiele is now owned by Plan B Games and they will be handling US distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
According to this posting, Re: Gone missing from Stronghold website?, Eggertspiele is now owned by Plan B Games and they will be handling US distribution.

Yeah, nothing to do with Lookout/Mayfair. Plan B acquired Eggertspiele (as confirmed on BGG news).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian roth
United States
northport
New York
flag msg tools
Hello. I just got my copy in the mail from cool stuff

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sorich
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon shows GWT back in stock March 2018. Let’s hope it means a reprint is in the works. The question remains, however, will this be the last Stronghold reprint or the first Plan B print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.