Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've had the game awhile. I'm good with strategy and thinking through scenarios, but I'm only winning less than 30% with frontline cards. I'm asking you 80-90% winners, can you list a few things you are doing to win games. I love the game, but winning just a few more times would increase my enjoyment. I've read David's tips for newbies which helped, but is there something - anything that might be a game changers. Thanks in advance.
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimwaite wrote:
I've had the game awhile. I'm good with strategy and thinking through scenarios, but I'm only winning less than 30% with frontline cards. I'm asking you 80-90% winners, can you list a few things you are doing to win games. I love the game, but winning just a few more times would increase my enjoyment. I've read David's tips for newbies which helped, but is there something - anything that might be a game changers. Thanks in advance.
Jim

Would it help to run through a game on line?

eg pick a mission and objective, tell us why you chose the soldiers and equipment that you did and then draw your 1st turns cards and tell us how you would play them - especially when the first hostiles are placed.

There is a rhythm to play that once you get into it makes the games easier to succeed at.
(Much like ROTZ!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternative - when you win - why do you win? Can we focus on that to help you win more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have 2 player soldiers always have one with the cross training skill. I will have one player who is pretty poor, often Green possibly a spotter or loader, just there to fill up cards and use Binoculars to give others extra actions.
Always take a LMG if you can afford it, the ability to suppress/Kill 3 hostiles on a card is worth its weight in gold.
Always take a smoke grenade for that turn when you cannot hit the side of a barn door.
Try to keep a minimum of 2Xp in reserve, 3 if against Elite, as ambushers or minefields can really ruin your day.
My tactic is to at least suppress all the hostiles, then it becomes easier to kill.
A LMG with the Gunner skill is another great skill.
Grenades carry as many as you can because of the up to 4 suppress/Kill.
I try if possible to move whole squad into a new location on the same turn, stops 2 possible enemy reinforcement picks. Can be ignored if your start location is no reinforcements.
I will often pick a player soldier with the Leadership skill as this extra move point for everyone is so useful.
If you are expecting tanks take anti-tank weapons. Remember if doing a short scenario with low points Tanks are very unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.