Carsten BN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in hearing about your experiences playing a champion in a campaign.

So lay it on me.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this class very much. Lot's of flexibility, some free actions and movement. It's somewhat dependent on a good weapons, as you usually need to kill something to generate those valor tokens for you and the group. Not as straight forward powerful as e.g. the knight but very interesting to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
I like this class very much. Lot's of flexibility, some free actions and movement. It's somewhat dependent on a good weapons, as you usually need to kill something to generate those valor tokens for you and the group. Not as straight forward powerful as e.g. the knight but very interesting to play.

I enjoy how it becomes a Support Class. Distributing Valor tokens around and boosting your teammates is quite satisfying to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thalim Thaluska
msg tools
Played him with Mordrog in the last HOB campaign.

The skill progression was:
1. Glory of Battle (extra shields)
2. Motivating charge (getting one extra action for 2 fatigue)
3. Stoic resolve (fatigue for spent valor tokens)
4. ???

I really liked him. The combination with Mordrog and Stoic Resolve was very nice because I often had some fatigue to spare for Motivating charge. I liked that.
Many nice rounds with tons of valor for the whole group.
We often used them for shields and I prioritized the character which had a hard time with the trinket. Really adds up over the course of the campaign.
Also liked that you could save up valor for the second encounter which gives a good starting position for the heroes.

Some playing hints:
- keep in mind that valor tokens are spent BEFORE the rolling dice section (so sometimes you spent them with no real benefit)
- use motivating charge on low health monster so you get some valor out for your group.

Overall a fun straight-forward, supportive class to play which is really useful in both acts of the campaign. I would play him the same way again and highly recommend to give this class a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite classes. Get all the skills that generate valor tokens first, become the engine of your party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten BN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TY for the feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.