Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So, with the ability to take the dummy character's skills from the common skill offer, which heroes do you think best synergize with each other as active hero and dummy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never considered the question. I believe it would be a brain-burner for not a great output.

- I randomly select the dummy player (and often my hero)
- Skills matters, but it's a global thing. When leveling up, one picks an Advanced Action too. So I consider synergies at that moment.
- Note than when choosing a skill from the dummy player, you can't chose your AA. You take the bottom one.
- I tend to consider the crystals one the dummy player cards too when picking my AA.

Overall I would think some heroes are better as dummy players, no matter which hero you are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Serrano
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I randomly select the dummy hero as well, but tbh I love having Goldyx as dummy, cause I love the flying ability!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
When I play solo, I never consider taking skills of the dummy player....I always choose a skill of my own character's. I know it's kind of a house rule, and that it makes the game (barely) more difficult, but I just don't want to mess up with having to bring extra tokens out of the box.....(I just use the app for the dummy player)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Zdan
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I nearly always pick Norowas as the dummy player, no matter who the active heroes are. His extra unit slot skill (bonds of loyalty?) is really about the only skill I'd regularly forgo my choice of advanced action cards for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nomrefuse wrote:
Overall I would think some heroes are better as dummy players, no matter which hero you are playing.
Yup.
I think, Tovak has the largest selection of skills that are useful to any hero.

If I'm not playing Goldyx (my favorite), he also makes a good dummy player to pick up some of his mana / crystal skills to round out your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carrier
msg tools
I was very interested in this game for solo play, but i dont like this "dummy player" talk...

Is this necessary to play solo? What role does the dummy player serve in a solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
z3m0g wrote:
I was very interested in this game for solo play, but i dont like this "dummy player" talk...

Is this necessary to play solo? What role does the dummy player serve in a solo game?
This is a common question. The "dummy" player is not really a player, but just a timer for coop and solo scenarios. It also gives some extra choices for a level-up during solo play.

If you've never played, then I recommend not using dummy for the learning scenario. But afterwards, it is a very easy and necessary mechanic for solo and coop play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
z3m0g wrote:

I commented on that here (shameless self promotion )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mb
z3m0g wrote:

What are you concerned about with the dummy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
z3m0g wrote:

Think of the dummy as a stopwatch with an unknown (but predictable within a range) amount of time remaining. You also have a minute amount of control of this stopwatch. This is the purpose of the dummy player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.