Subject: Tile Crossovers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found these on CSI, was that all the crossover stuff from the RPG?

Conan: Dens of Iniquity & Streets of Terror Tile Set
Conan: Fields of Glory & Thrilling Encounters Tile Set
Conan: Forbidden Places & Pits of Horror Tile Set
Conan: Perilous Ruins & Forgotten Cities Tile Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the crossover from the RPG. I guess it you were into building your own scenarios you could use them. I think I heard there was a scenario from the RPG floating around somewhere. I haven't looked into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yessir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mophidius is still putting the scenario book together. I believe they stated that scenarios in the book will use two of the four sets of tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The crossover is an actual book full of scenarios and a campaign which hasn’t been released yet. It only uses 2 of the tile sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:
Mophidius is still putting the scenario book together. I believe they stated that scenarios in the book will use two of the four sets of tiles.

Any idea which two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
The crossover is an actual book full of scenarios and a campaign which hasn’t been released yet. It only uses 2 of the tile sets.

Is the book going to be available at retail, or was it Kickstarter exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ares71 wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

It was a crossover/promotional pledge level specifically for backers of the Conan board game[1], but there's nothing in the pledge level description which marks it as "exclusive". Thus there's a chance it will hit retail, but at this point i consider it unlikely that it'll ever get released to backers, much less hit retail. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

[1] = note that the Modiphius campaign ran to completion before the Conan board game shipped, thus it's unlikely that [m]any people pledged for it who hadn't already invested in the board game KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ares71 wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

I have a feeling they’ll at least release a PDF for retail like they’ve done for all their books. Having said that, the author, Matt John, has said the crossover uses stuff from the King’s Pledge, so you’ll need that in order to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that you can download all the stuff from the king's pledge and play with it. You only have to find some cool looking minis to use as substitutes

https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/files/file/22-upgrade-ki...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
Remember that you can download all the stuff from the king's pledge and play with it. You only have to find some cool looking minis to use as substitutes

https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/files/file/22-upgrade-ki...

That’s only stuff that was exclusive to the King’s Pledge and it was meant for those that got a Barbarian Pledge. It’s only 5 or 6 things. The vast majority of Kickstarter extras were in the Barbarian Pledge and they have not released the character sheets and tiles for those (or the maps).

When they say things require a King’s Pledge (whether the Book of Set or Modiphius crossover) I assume they mean a whole King’s Pledge, which includes all the Barbarian extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh i didn't know that. I do hope that they make things simpler in the Batman game, with Conan there's so much stuff happening that it's hard to keep up with all the information out there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Not having to split our game to fit retail will make it a lot easier for everybody, including us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a look at the tile sets at the Spiel Essen. If I understood the publisher correctly, 2 of the tile sets will be compatible with the board game, as scenarios will be released (free for download). Note however that the floorplans are of a different scale than the game boards. That means object will appear smaller than they are. That was a huge drawback for me so I decided against the otherwise nice looking maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bert_nerdsen wrote:
Note however that the floorplans are of a different scale than the game boards. That means object will appear smaller than they are. That was a huge drawback for me so I decided against the otherwise nice looking maps.

Well that sucks. Unfortunately, we weren't told about the scale difference when we backed the Modiphius campaign. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cardona
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two tile sets that will go with the Conan Board game and the Conan RPG crossover book are Forbidden Places & Pits of Horror Geomorphic Tiles and Perilous Ruins & Forgotten Cities Geomorphic Tiles. Both tile sets comprise of 8 (9.45"x9.45") double sided tiles and 8 half sized (4.72"x4.72") double sided tiles. These tiles fit together to form bigger maps and are marked with area movement zones just like the maps that come with the Conan Board game. They're designed for 28-32mm miniatures so they're fully compatible with the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hexluis wrote:
They're designed for 28-32mm miniatures so they're fully compatible with the board game.

I assume that they are *rulewise*, but the optical impression is different from the game boards that come with the core game and the monolith expansions.

It's far from unplayable though and I want to stress that they are atmospheric maps by itself.

As the whole issue is an aesthetic one, I suppose everybody should decide for oneself if the different scale suits the own preferences. It was just not my cup of tea, especially regarding that the maps and miniature combination of the monolith release is cutting edge. I wouldn't want to downgrade that experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
sgbeal wrote:
ares71 wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

It was a crossover/promotional pledge level specifically for backers of the Conan board game[1], but there's nothing in the pledge level description which marks it as "exclusive". Thus there's a chance it will hit retail, but at this point i consider it unlikely that it'll ever get released to backers, much less hit retail. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

[1] = note that the Modiphius campaign ran to completion before the Conan board game shipped, thus it's unlikely that [m]any people pledged for it who hadn't already invested in the board game KS campaign.

I'm pretty much certain that it will see the light of day as at least an online-store release. Modiphius has been making good progress (wave 1 made it to backers during November and wave 2 previews should be available soon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.