Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sorry for starting a new thread....

Look, there are only two options I want to hear from anybody

- He didn't do it; this is a smear
- He need to go away

I can deal with either. Really. Even though I disagree with just about everything Roy Moore stands for, I've got no problem with anyone who wants to say he didn't do it.

But this crap I'm hearing from (some of) his supporters that claim the worst of the accusation are false and that the other stuff is insignificant.... ARRRRGGGG, such people make me want to bang my head against a wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I agree. Also anyone comparing him to Joseph, father of Jesus, also needs to be put in stocks in the middle of some town in Alabama so we can throw fruit at him.

Edit: probably should say husband of Mary but I think everyone knows who I meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you misspelled "rocks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Yeah I agree. Also anyone comparing him to Joseph, father of Jesus, also needs to be put in stocks in the middle of some town in Alabama so we can throw fruit at him.

They'ed eat it , then complain about welfare progams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

Wait.... what? What comparison to the what what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's admitted to knowing at least some of the accusers. Someone who dated one of the accusers said they admitted to them about the story back in the day. There's no smear here. The dude needs to go bye bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I think you misspelled "rocks".

A suitably biblical punishment. You would think Mr. Moore would appreciate it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Yes. An Alabama Republican likened him to Joseph, you know, the father of Jesus? A Christian said this.

I called this out in the other thread but not many people noticed.

Take home message, many “Christians” don’t know the first fucking thing about Christianity. You make a mistake like that, you need to turn in your card, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Yeah some state official in Alabama said Moore having sexual contact with a 14 year old was okay because Mary was a teenager when Joseph met her.

The rationalization is strong with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
"Yes. An Alabama Republican likened him to Joseph, you know, the father of Jesus? A Christian said this."

the CSA (child support agency ) say he he is legally because he paid to raise the child eventhough it wasnt his. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Yes. An Alabama Republican likened him to Joseph, you know, the father of Jesus? A Christian said this.

More than one. And once they had said it, it started a boom in stupid statements. It was particularly humorous when Republican talking heads on various networks started shaking their heads at both the statement and the error this represents vis a vis scripture and tradition.

But it has been truly disgusting to see some of the rationalizations. Even the people talking about how times were different when this happened. Ummm, no. What's alleged was a felony then.

I think this is possibly the real test for the GOP. The story is exceptionally well researched and sourced. If they really are going to stand up for what they claim to believe, the state party should withdraw their support, which means that votes cast for Moore are invalid if they're for him as a Republican. He could still run as a write-in candidate, but the votes for the person printed on the ballot wouldn't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
If they really are going to stand up for what they claim to believe

Won't happen. Absurd to even think it might.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
perfalbion wrote:
If they really are going to stand up for what they claim to believe

Won't happen. Absurd to even think it might.

Oh, I don't think it's going to happen either. I just think that really underlines the degree of hypocrisy here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Yeah some state official in Alabama said Moore having sexual contact with a 14 year old was okay because Mary was a teenager when Joseph met her.

But do you know who didn't molest, abuse and rape Mary when she was a teenager? Joseph. (Or if he did, that part ended up on the cutting room floor.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm presenting this under a Creative Commons license to do with as you see fit. Go put it on flags, bumper stickers, mugs, and especially put it on yard signs if you live in Alabama.

Edit: Stupid Google Drive. Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

But do you know who didn't molest, abuse and rape Mary when she was a teenager? Joseph. (Or if he did, that part ended up on the cutting room floor.)

Yeah we all understand that part except some dude in Alabama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

I'm presenting this under a Creative Commons license to do with as you see fit. Go put it on flags, bumper stickers, mugs, and especially put it on yard signs if you live in Alabama.

It's unviewable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

Edit: probably should say husband of Mary but I think everyone knows who I meant.

No, the Greek of Luke explicitly states that Yosef was the father.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

No, the Greek of Luke explicitly states that Yosef was the father.

Ha, well, I was trying to head off the nitpicking from one of the Christians here. As always, I should avoid all Bible related commentary! Catholic bible study was a long time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Hardly. There might be only two reasonable options, but we are already seeing the third start to win out: that maybe he did it, but it doesn't matter because he's still better than the Democrats. Not like we haven't seen this before, many people that disliked Trump voted for him because otherwise the evil antichrist Hillary wins. Well, that and the supreme court seat(s)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
edgarthewoebringer wrote:
Hardly. There might be only two reasonable options, but we are already seeing the third start to win out: that maybe he did it, but it doesn't matter because he's still better than the Democrats. Not like we haven't seen this before, many people that disliked Trump voted for him because otherwise the evil antichrist Hillary wins. Well, that and the supreme court seat(s)....

That's what he's saying. That there are only two reasonable options and the rest of it is unreasonable bullshit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's good for the Zeus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.