Ticket to Ride: 10th Anniversary» Forums » Variants

Subject: Do Stations Work Well With 10th Anniversary Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
krypto 1
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that Stations are not included in the 10th Anniversary edition, but I was curious if anyone has tried adding and playing with them... If so, did it make the experience better, worse or no difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried. The USA map is the one I don't own.

I HAVE played USA and compared to Europe it is very much a blocking/take that game. Using stations would reduce or eliminate that aspect of the game. What you need to work out is whether you would prefer a less agressive game or not.

I tend to play the TtR games as they come. I like the variety of play that gives. adding components from other variants would make the various editions lose their unique flavour.

FWIW my favourite variant is United Kingdom. No stations there. But there is a technology (Right of Way) that gives a similar result. It is expensive and I don't think it has ever been used in one of our games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stations work fine on the America map- just know that it reduces some of the tension in blocking one another. Purely depends on the game experience you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.