Subject: Disappointed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Bielcik
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Amazon dealer just pushed pushed the date back to December 7th. Not looking good for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the Kickstarter updates and comments. The last update confirmed it won't be shipped before Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest KS update says the game is delayed until "after Christmas". Crypto haven't been very transparent with this project so who knows what that means. Probably Feb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they have been transparent with anything they have ever done.

Geoff wrote:
Latest KS update says the game is delayed until "after Christmas". Crypto haven't been very transparent with this project so who knows what that means. Probably Feb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a delay. So what? Welcome to Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
It's a delay. So what? Welcome to Kickstarter.

Agreed. With KS I'm much more concerned with the quality of the game than when it is delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Call
msg tools
Is this normal with preorder games? I've never preordered a game before. I first heard of this in June, when I saw a Rahdo video, and it looked/sounded great, so I immediately ordered.

At the time, the preorder indicated July. No big deal to wait a few weeks.

July turned into August... which turned into October. I saw a video of an unboxing, and that and an update indicated they had the games, and would be verifying shipping addresses and people would be getting them by Halloween.

Now November... and according to at least one update, not until next year.

Perhaps I should not preorder games again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who is easily perturbed about delays should not back games on Kickstarter. Delays are the norm.
Companies generally do their best to anticipate problems, but it's a complex process. Shit happens. Some companies are better at communicating than others.

Most backers know this. For those who don't, you soon will.

Go out and gather in a public place and yell at the sky if it makes you feel better, but shit still happens. Play games and be happy.

...and knowing is half the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirguru wrote:
Is this normal with preorder games? I've never preordered a game before. I first heard of this in June, when I saw a Rahdo video, and it looked/sounded great, so I immediately ordered.

July turned into August... which turned into October. I saw a video of an unboxing, and that and an update indicated they had the games, and would be verifying shipping addresses and people would be getting them by Halloween.

If you consider backing a game on KS a preorder (even if that might be close to what it is), you’re setting the wrong expectations for yourself. Most KS games, I have backed, have been late. Some have been very late, more so than Walking Dead: NS, and like I said before: If the end result is good (or great like in the case of Gloomhaven), I am happy waiting. There are many fish in the sea, and about as many games on my shelves. They’ll tide me over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kløve wrote:
sirguru wrote:

If you consider backing a game on KS a preorder (even if that might be close to what it is), you’re setting the wrong expectations for yourself. Most KS games, I have backed, have been late. Some have been very late, more so than Walking Dead: NS, and like I said before: If the end result is good (or great like in the case of Gloomhaven), I am happy waiting. There are many fish in the sea, and about as many games on my shelves. They’ll tide me over.

From the timing and the sound of it, he pre-ordered and is not a kickstart backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njep wrote:
Kløve wrote:
sirguru wrote:

From the timing and the sound of it, he pre-ordered and is not a kickstart backer.

Point taken, but if you pre-order a KS game, you should still be aware of the fact that many KS games are delayed, some heavily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Call
msg tools
I didn't know it was kickstarter when I ordered.

So to clarify my understanding: Preorders are usually delayed, and kickstarter preorders are usually extremely delayed. Would that be correct?

This is the first game I've ever preordered, so I don't know. I haven't even preordered expansions of existing games yet (such as Terraforming Mars or Star Trek: Fleet Captains).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Best not to even call a KS a pre-order.

Sure, when you pre-order, you give the other party your money way in advance of delivery. But, a retail pre-order does not work like KS. With a retail pre-order, the product has already been sent to the manufacturer, and print run determined. You are more like reserving a copy of a published product. With KS, the product hasn't even been created, and has a risk of not being made at all. More typically, the product will be delivered long after its estimated delivery date. For refunds, a retail pre-order typically allows refunds with "no questions asked" and you can also go to your credit card company to refund a charge on your card. For KS, refunds vary by the creator, and may be the equivalent of "pulling teeth". Your credit card company may refund you, but might not since you may be requesting a refund long after the 90-day window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.