Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing the Dragon Boss deck for the first time, I had a couple questions:

1) Can the dragon use his hoard cards? We played that he couldn't which made me feel underpowered as the Dragon (the Hunter and the Cleric beat me with about 20 some odd health a piece left). However, had I used my hoard cards, I feel like I would have been OP (the first hoard card I drew was the one that healed 5 damage. If I had done that once a turn, it would have been quite the uphill battle for the heroes!).

2) Can the boss and/or the heroes heal past their starting health?

3) When using the card that does 2 damage to all heroes and champions, do the champions retain the damage to be combined with other damage I do to them that same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Hellsing
Argentina
flag msg tools
i have the same doubt about the dragon's using Treasure cards cry
can some1 pls answer this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted WWG and received the response that no, the Dragon does not get to use his hoard cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Elliott
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's odd.

The rules say "Whoever has a Treasure Hoard card can use its expend power during their turn"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought would be that the intent was for that statement to apply to heroes only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Weyhing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I believe this thread has actually gotten the rule wrong. The dragon CAN use hoard items. This deck preview from WWG makes that clear:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1172937197/hero-realms-...

I wish the official rule sheet was more clear about it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barger
msg tools
I'm wondering about stealing while the dragon is taunted.

Do you steal from the hoard pile or from the dragon itself, or can you steal from either?

And it says "An opposing player", so does this mean that the player who taunted the boss is not able to steal anything, but anybody else can? If so, how does this work in Boss vs Boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Komarnitsky
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
1. From rules "Whoever has a Treasure Hoard card can use its expend power during their turn". No exclusion in rules. So, I think, after Dragon reveal a Hoard Treasure with his card - it stay in game till the end (but can change it's owner).
2. Yes, it can. This is a rule from base game.

3-rd point still not clear for me.

And I have one more question:
4. "Rings of Wishes". Is it come into game in "prepare" state or not? Because in card description i found next: "It only prepares when it is stolen".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barger
msg tools
dragonsfire76 wrote:

3) When using the card that does 2 damage to all heroes and champions, do the champions retain the damage to be combined with other damage I do to them that same turn?

For the third point, the rules state that damage does not carry over between turns, so it's simply a matter of defeating a champion within that turn. I believe I've been playing correctly in using abilities that do X damage to a champion and using combat to finish a champion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.