Subject: (Package 3 spoilers) Results of a certain action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
How did any of you feel after doing the search on Shanghai? I'm not going to spoil it, but I actually thought it was kinda sad, but very just desserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (Story spoilers) Results of a search
It was a nice touch.

Consider adding Package 3 Story Spoilers to your title and removing Search (as the presence of that action is actually a mild spoiler).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alchem Geek
msg tools
Our team was outraged by
Spoiler (click to reveal)
lack of "search" loot. By October they didn't care much about our missing leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I wasn;t that surprised. Suffice it to say it's not the worst thing in the world to have a search do nothing, especially when we were only doing it to get the card out of the discard anyway.

The worst search in the game is
Santiago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack F
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
alchem_geek wrote:
Our team was outraged by
lack of "search" loot. By October they didn't care much about our missing leaders.

Our group assumed that not every search would yield results. I was actually surprised that only like two had no mechanical effect. More surprising, though, was that only one of them was a "trap" with a negative effect. Iirc, searching Santiago makes it become Infested. Santiago actually went Forsaken in our game long before we searched it (so it had no effect on our Santiago) and I forget if we searched it in one of the last games or if we scratched it along with all the others during the wrap up after finishing December, but yeah, surprised that they didn't have a couple more landmines lying in wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hohner
Canada
Castlegar
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Serenity flies again... thanks to cardboard!
mbmbmbmbmb
thespaceinvader wrote:
I wasn;t that surprised. Suffice it to say it's not the worst thing in the world to have a search do nothing, especially when we were only doing it to get the card out of the discard anyway.

The worst search in the game is
Santiago

So true... [end game spoilers]

Santiago gave our administrator a nasty scar.

We were also using Lookout to mine for red. Very nice go-for-broke tactic to accomplish The Plan since we hadn't thinned the player deck with box 6 and were sure we'd rarely see red cards in later games. Luckily it worked.

EDIT: P.S. Those condescending worms betrayed hope and betrayed us. They got what they deserved. [speaking in a character voice from such a hard-bitten world]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.