Hide
6 Posts

Halloween» Forums » General

Subject: Any thoughts on the two player experience? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NA NA
msg tools
The price tag is quite large for this one so I'd appreciate any information that could help me decide whether I should take the plunge.
I was wondering if someone who owns the game could leave their thoughts, perticularly of the two player experience?
The more critical you are of the game the better it helps me form a solid judgement of it.
For example, I understand the game feels tense but does it feel fun/exciting? Did it leave you wanting to play it again the following day? How does it compare to some of your favourite 'simple rules but deep gameplay' games (I enjoy those by the designer Reiner Knizia, my favourites are Ra and Samurai)?
Thanks for your time considering this request and the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carty X
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
This game is amazing in 2players. The interaction direct and indirect is really high.Length is 30/40 minutes and you want try it again and again with different combination of the cards.
For instance you can kill a ghost that your opponent has made in order to get a lot of haunting points or evolve this one when your opponents can't use that color.
This game is hard to master, you can't play it only once. Combos with the cards are very strong and you should think a strategy with them at the start of the game. Each game you randomly draw 8 different cards so you cannot repeat the same strategy twice.
If you don't like this aspect there is a version without cards but i don't like this one.
Samurai and Ra are definitely easier then this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NA NA
msg tools
Thank you Carty88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We only just received our copy from KS and are attempting to learn the rules. I can give a report on our experience once we have played it a few times. I have to say though, if I was making a decision on the strength of the 'How To Play' video produced by Paul Mulders I probably of said 'Nah' and spent my money on something else. But it's here now and we are stuck on the Upgrade rules and trying to figure it all out. Give me a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for my copy to arrive in Florida. I wanted this game solely for the art and theme. Thankfully, preliminary reviews seem pretty positive.

I'd primarily play this at 2 players myself. So if it works as 2 players it would see my table more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've played one game so far and the game is now shelved until the rule regarding ghost upgrades is sorted out. As it stands, the way we have interpreted it, the game seems way too easy. The game also plays easy or hard depending on the action cards that have been randomly drawn. We have found that, for the most part scare tokens are only useful for upgrading ghosts, but you may get a game where an action card is drawn which allows you to spend scare tokens for other things, or they are worth extra haunt points at the end of the game, so the object of that game would be to collect as many as you can. From that point of view Halloween does present a unique and challenging game play as it could be very different depending on the cards. Hopefully the designer or someone from Quined Games can pop on here and sort the rules out one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.