Subject: [Poll] Solo players how many spirits do you prefer to play with? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Magno Rosa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Poll
Solo players, how many spirits you prefer to play with?
      102 answers
Poll created by SyKot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started off with 2 and haven’t looked back. I will say that starting with 1 solo and playing either Lightning or Earth would have probably been the best

Took me about 2-3 games to fully grok the timings and strategy of the fast/slow card play and invader sequence. I also threw in adversary after first game

About 30-40 games in now, I’d say I could handle 3 spirits solo as long as 1-2 are low ones. It does take a lot longer but there are more combos you can do. Most of the time I still play with 2 but if I have time and the brain power at hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
I play 2, and usually pick that it’s easiest for to have great synergies at 2. I’ve played 3 fine, and if I have a combination that has at least 2 good synergy pairs (Ocean + River + Thunderspeaker comes to mind) I’m fine with that, but many of my favorite pairings are better without the third (like SRG pairings are great to accelerate presence, but a group of 3 dilutes the benefit).

I should probably play random more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played 1 so far, but haven't played in a while and plan on kicking it up to 2 pretty soon when I get back into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One. There's a limit to how many characters in games my brain can handle at once, and each spirit has enough going on that it really pushes that. My girlfriend loves this game so we play 2-player all of the time, so I do think that's the better game overall... but solo I'm better off with one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Gruber
msg tools
I typically will only play two, but I've done four at a time twice or thrice, and while it took forever, it wasn't too hard .

Now that I'm getting the Canon Island map, I'm almost certainly going to be utterly insane and try to solo six spirits. I'll let y'all know if I survive !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing two lately, and it's not too much to keep track of, plus you can usually get better coverage with some self-help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lowe
United States
Hayward
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly, one.

Its so much less fiddly and easier to keep track of everything with just one. Solo games need to be fast to setup and fast to play. Spirit Island with one is just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ H
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
How about two-players? Is it common for 2 players to play with 2 spirits each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xlist21 wrote:
How about two-players? Is it common for 2 players to play with 2 spirits each?
I haven't heard of that being done. My immediate guess is that it would be pretty overwhelming, worse than playing 2 spirits solo. A 4-board island is actually kind of big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.