Subject: Missions in Turn 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules (p17) state that the German player has the option of not "assigning" a mission to a flight. How are you playing this?

Presumably a non-assigned Mission card is returned to the deck as the pending pile is limited to 3 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
The rules (p17) state that the German player has the option of not "assigning" a mission to a flight. How are you playing this?

Presumably a non-assigned Mission card is returned to the deck as the pending pile is limited to 3 cards.

We just put it back in the pending pile/hand. The rule doesn't state that it's limited to 3 cards.

(In our Scenario 2 game last night I wound up not assigning missions to Luftflotte 5 (the Norwegian one) in both Turn 3 and Turn 4 - they were down to just one squadron card by the end of Turn 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering ifI've read it wrong and that for turns 2, 3 and 4 you draw Mission cards equal to the total number of empty boxes and then add them to the pending pile before allocaton.

This would solve the problem of not allocating a Mission as you would simply not draw a Mission card for that flight.

Limiting the allocation of a random draw does seem harsh on the Luftwaffe player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
We just put it back in the pending pile/hand. The rule doesn't state that it's limited to 3 cards.

(In our Scenario 2 game last night I wound up not assigning missions to Luftflotte 5 (the Norwegian one) in both Turn 3 and Turn 4 - they were down to just one squadron card by the end of Turn 2).

Good point about no limit on the pending pile size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.