Hide
8 Posts

Entropy: Worlds Collide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expose rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Delautre
msg tools
If I reveal a card from the nexus and it’s one of my opponent’s shard does it go to the discard pile or directly into this player’s reality?

And if I reveal a card from another player’s hold and the shard belongs to a third player, does the shard go to the third player’s reality or does it stay in the hold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tendler
Germany
flag msg tools
As I understand it:

1. Discard
2. In hold revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timy_T wrote:
As I understand it:

1. Discard
2. In hold revealed.

Yes, that is correct.

Best way to think of this is that with the following rules:

1. If a shard in your hold is revealed and it is your reality, it becomes locked. This is regardless of how Expose works. This is a general rule of the game.

2. Expose specifically states, reveal a Shard, if it belongs to your Character, take it. This means, if it doesn't belong to your Character, don't take it.

Those two rules cover all cases in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Delautre
msg tools
Thanks!

It was this part in the rule book that was confusing me as it did not mention the hold:

« Q) An opponent played Expose on a shrouded Shard and it belongs to my Character. Do I lock this Shard into my Reality?
A) Yes. Playing Expose can be risky as it has the potential to help an opponent lock Shards belonging to their character even when it’s not their turn! »

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Restating the above question:

If A reveals the card in B's hold, and it belongs to C, what happens to the card?

The answer being:

It stays revealed in B's hold.

If instead the card that A revealed in B's hold had belonged to B, then it would become locked for B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marat Kozhakhmetov
msg tools
Could you make it clear please?

According to your answer: if player A plays expose, reveals a shard in player B hold, and the revealed shard belongs to player C, THEN it is discarded.

BUT! in F.A.Q. I see:
« Q) An opponent played Expose on a shrouded Shard and it belongs to my Character. Do I lock this Shard into my Reality?
A) Yes. Playing Expose can be risky as it has the potential to help an opponent lock Shards belonging to their character even when it’s not their turn! »

This means that player C has to lock this shard for himself as it is written in your FAQ.

OR should we mean the question as:
"An opponent played Expose on a shrouded Shard IN MY HOLD and it belongs to my Character. Do I lock this Shard into my Reality?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lunsford-Davis
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if player A plays expose, reveals a shard in player B hold, and the revealed shard belongs to player C, THEN it is discarded.

In this case the shard is NOT discarded but rather remains in B's hold. You are correct, though, that the FAQ should more clearly state that another player's shard revealed by Expose becomes locked if and only if it was in that player's hold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhard Hannemann
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi (just joined)

As I understand from the rules and previous posts, once the exposed action is resolved on an opponent's hold:

1. If the shard belongs to the player resolving the expose action, they can take that shard and directly lock it to their world.
2. If the shard belongs to the opponent, (IE the one the action is performed on), it is locked into to there world.
3. It is belongs to neither, it is simply exposed and remains, exposed on the opponent's hold.

But, here the confusion sets in. What does one do with an exposed shard in the hold?

1. Can another player, (Player C for example) take that card with Telekinesis, since it is already exposed, directly lock that shard into there own world?
2. Does this shard/card (if is is a wild) simply sit there in an unusable state until it is discard by some other action, such a
Fracture
?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.