Hide
4 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » General

Subject: Custom missions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fimon Telarde
msg tools
Im reading the rules of this game, and it occurred to me, did anyone tried to make their own missions? is it easy to do or maybe balancing it would be too hard?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game AI would make it easy to make your own missions. I suspect it hasn't been done a lot because every mission plays out differently even if you play the same mission over a few time due to the randomness of the maps and AI encountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. The engine is pretty dynamic and flexible for additional scenarios.

I've thought that it would be great to create a couple of "boot camp" scenarios to slowly introduce elements. For example, a simple 2x2 layout with one platoon and a simple force package, no pyros, no vehicles, no snipers or incoming motars/artillery. Build from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Quintero
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have experimented with some custom maps. A favorite being attacking and seizing a bridge head. I have a couple special rules for firing across the river. I just pick the enemy defence and experience and use a Normandy mission contact table that matches.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.