Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Chegigo
United States
Dingle
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find the rules to be clear. When I place a goblin from a village do I just place it on the corner square of the first level and move it from there or do I automatically move up to the corner square as my first move or do I enter on any of the three squares the villages touch?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacy Whiteman
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Re:How do new goblins enter play from the villages?
Chegigo (#30548),
We have always played that the goblins enter onto the corner square and that square counts as the first move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonkheadmom (#30655),

It seems logical to me that the corner square is the start point. But why should the level change be subtracted from the card number? It would be consistent with the secret passage and goblin-on-goblin rules if placing a goblin on the start square was counted as a zero move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Tycho wrote:
Quote:
It would be consistent with the secret passage and goblin-on-goblin rules if placing a goblin on the start square was counted as a zero move.

If we are consistent with the secret passage, other goblin's couldn't leave the village if the corner square were occupied. If we are consistent with the goblin-on-goblin rules, the last goblin could never leave a village.

But even in the goblin-on-goblin moves, the first square of the higher level is counted as the first move. This is what Stacy is saying above.

Look at the example in the rules wherein the 3rd goblin is moved 4 to be on top of another goblin and then moves 2 spaces on the higher level with the first move being the higher space.

But I do believe we are all trying to say that if I move a goblin 3 spaces from the village, the first (corner) square is space 1 and the goblin then moves 2 additional spaces left or right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.