GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,876 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Terraforming Mars: Venus Next» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solar Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois Deuber
Germany
Cologne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If you play the solo variant: can you skip the solar phase step for example in the second to last round (if you anticipate to finish everything by yourself to gain an additional point) or is increasing one of the parameters mandatory?
Francois

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaheda wrote:
If you play the solo variant: can you skip the solar phase step for example in the second to last round (if you anticipate to finish everything by yourself to gain an additional point) or is increasing one of the parameters mandatory?
Francois

It is mandatory, there is a variant to omit this phase from the game entirely, but if you're not using that variant the first player must raise one of the global parameters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
The expansions introduces the solar phase as

ALWAYS MANDATORY when playing solo.
When playing multiplayer the solar phase is a must. But the game provides a official variant that simply says "dont use the solar phase"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:

When playing multiplayer the solar phase is a must. But the game provides a official variant that simply says "dont use the solar phase"

Yeah... that's one variant I will NEVER NOT use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
corkysru wrote:
ryusora wrote:

Yeah... that's one variant I will NEVER NOT use.

I dont have my copy of venus next but i was wondering about this rule and the variant. I will definitely start using the variant actually, if i feel the games are lasting too much i will try the solar phase on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.