Subject: typical scores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I'd be interested if anyone wants to share some of the typical scores they're seeing. We had a 5p game last night where 3rd place was 51, 2nd was 55, and first was an amazing 85. I was kind of stunned, as I felt I had actually been doing a competent job for a change. It was only my second play (and first with correct rules and 5 players), but I didn't get that "well, I'm certainly cocking this up" feeling that you get sometimes.

The winner was the game owner and has played several times, so I am pretty certain he didn't do anything illegal at all. What he did was a better job of chaining together jobs that give him items, so that he could complete other jobs. There was one round where he had at least a full two turns more than me. I wish I'd remembered to look at what combination of jobs he had the most of, but I'm pretty sure he scored the majorities in yellow and green. Maybe another one as well.

He wasn't that influential on the board. I don't think he held the influence in any territory the whole game. He also did very little killing compared to the rest of us.

Edit: Actually, I think he did control one territory after the end of the final round (by using the mayor and also using family/thugs). But I also think it was the first time he controlled any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 5 times. For your reference here are the scores:

2 Players x 2 games
98 - 69
74 - 58

3 Players x 2 games
64 - 58 - 46
76 - 55 - 46

5 Players x 1 game
75 = 61- 50 - 39 - 32

Based on our combined results it would be hard to say what is typical at this point. I think the different player counts along with variations in the cards and businesses that come out will affect the scores too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The lowest i got was 29 and highest 72...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bma Bma
msg tools
I have played 2 games with 2 players.
Scores :
75 - 72
97 - 72

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.