Subject: I watched the game development, and it's a good one! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Igoe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Obsession
I have played this game through it's development, and Dan Hallagan has finalized a balanced, flavorful, unique board game, that light gamers can participate in with enjoyment, and the most strategic gamers can compete in with numerous options that are balanced well. Hallagan took the extra strides to solicit feedback from a professional game reviewer, Rahdo, and often incorporated drastic changes to create the best end product.

I personally would describe the game as appealing more to the strategizing gamer, as it involves worker placement, tile placement and deck building, But, the components and the gameplay are also straightforward and game play is quick. That helps Obsession as an attractive choice for more moderate level board gamers as well. You could sit and describe the game to practically anyone, and they could participate in an enjoyable, immersive Victorian moment!

I am very much a flavor guy in my interests of board games, and Obsession is unique, and attractive both visually, and in the theme it imparts. It's refreshing. Make no mistake, Hallagan has worked for many months, and with feedback from many knowledgable gamers, to balance scoring and create a great experience through a solid game. Quite a bit of replayability. I look forward to playing it again very soon! Look for the Kickstarter mid November!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, instant back for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering backing this and I'd like to ask you something. Is the Wessex expansion essential? Or does the base game offer plenty of replay value already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
SapoLJackson wrote:
I am considering backing this and I'd like to ask you something. Is the Wessex expansion essential? Or does the base game offer plenty of replay value already?

As a casual observer, in my opinion, it would seem pretty clear that the "Wessex expansion" isn't essential. That being said having a 5th family, with it's own unique starting advantage, will add to the replayability of the game ... even if slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ozzy, the Wessex expansion is not essential. It adds variety. The base game is fully ready to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.