Popular Tags: [View All]
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question on the following rule (page 8).

Quote:
If you spend a Coin, you may take a Riverboat tile of your choice from the respective draw pile.

In this case, can you purchase literally ANY Riverboat or does the exact number of workers from anywhere on your map apply as well?

More specifically, say that I have 3 workers on pumpkins spread throughout my map, can I spend a coin and buy a Riverboat with the capacity of 7, or am I limited to 1, 2, or 3 capacity riverboats since I only have 3 workers?

I'm assuming that the capacity rule is still in play and that this is simply a way to purchase a riverboat from the draw pile when one isn't available on the New Orleans board. However, the rules do state "you may take a Riverboat tile of your choice" so I wanted to confirm this, as of your choice suggests ANY Riverboat.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
All other rules regarding "taking riverboats" stay intact. So yes, you are right by saying :

wgerken wrote:
I'm assuming that the capacity rule is still in play and that this is simply a way to purchase a riverboat from the draw pile when one isn't available on the New Orleans board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart B
Belgium
flag msg tools
Am I right in saying all other rules stay in place when using a coin to purchase a boat?
- you pay by harvesting the correct amount of crops (single type)
- you receive the boat benefit
- you might receive a harvesting bonus
- the boat purchased with a coin count for the 2 or 3 boats per round limit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
DidierDeKunst wrote:
Am I right in saying all other rules stay in place when using a coin to purchase a boat?
- you pay by harvesting the correct amount of crops (single type)
- you receive the boat benefit
- you might receive a harvesting bonus
- the boat purchased with a coin count for the 2 or 3 boats per round limit

Yes to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YANG CC
msg tools
wgerken wrote:
I have 3 workers on pumpkins spread throughout my map, am I limited to 1, 2, or 3 capacity riverboats since I only have 3 workers?

Thanks!

Is the above correct whether one coin is spent or not??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
slinbody wrote:
wgerken wrote:
I have 3 workers on pumpkins spread throughout my map, am I limited to 1, 2, or 3 capacity riverboats since I only have 3 workers?

Thanks!

Is the above correct whether one coin is spent or not??

Yes, exactly.

The heart of my question was to confirm that using a coin in your riverboat purchase doesn't let you break the rules and purchase ANY boat regardless of capacity. It does not.

Regardless of using a coin or not, capacity rules are always in play so yes, with 3 workers only riverboats with a capacity of 1, 2, or 3 can be taken or purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.