Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my updated rules and single PAC. I went to FedEx to print me a second copy of the PAC using the downloaded pdf file made available at GMT’s game page. FedEx will not print me a copy because it bears the copyright symbol. Does GMT expect us to print our own or come back and buy another PAC, if available? FedEx agreed that if I had a letter from GMT allowing printing of the PAC, then they would do it. GMT, can you provide such in your resources section so that this excellent game can be played with the convenience intended? I sure hope so. 😕
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
edelrio wrote:
Just got my updated rules and single PAC. I went to FedEx to print me a second copy of the PAC using the downloaded pdf file made available at GMT’s game page. FedEx will not print me a copy because it bears the copyright symbol. Does GMT expect us to print our own or come back and buy another PAC, if available? FedEx agreed that if I had a letter from GMT allowing printing of the PAC, then they would do it. GMT, can you provide such in your resources section so that this excellent game can be played with the convenience intended? I sure hope so. 😕

GMT is available via phone, chat, and email. Why are you posting this on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunyabisnas wrote:
edelrio wrote:

GMT is available via phone, chat, and email. Why are you posting this on BGG?

A. they also read BGG
B. this affects many more than just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another approach. I have compared the PACs in my 2015 game (#1506) and have found the limited differences. These could be scanned (or use the updated PDF), printed onto sticky paper, cut out, then applied to the original PACs as sticky errata. The content differences I have found are the following:
List of Actions (4.3) box
List of Special Actions (18.1) box
Interception AND Avoid Battle box (3rd item: MOMENTUM)
Supply And LOC Paths box

Note that theses are all on the inside of the folded PAC. I found no differences on the front/back of the folded PAC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
edelrio wrote:

A. they also read BGG

sure they do, but of the means you have available to contact GMT directly, BGG is one of the slowest. facebook twitter, and CSW would even be faster if you couldn't wait until GMT's normal business hours.

edelrio wrote:

B. this affects many more than just me.

how does opening this new thread help those others? it isn't news that there's a pdf of the update PAC. it isn't news that print shops take IP seriously.

as it stands, folk can print updated PACs at home without issue. getting an updated PAC professionally printed will require either explicit permission from GMT or a print shop that is willing to listen long enough understand the situation with the updated PAC and the intended use of the pdf.

i'm sorry that you feel like you've been blind-sided by the single PAC and that you're having difficulty getting a second PAC printed to your specifications. i imagine that if you waited to contact directly, not only could they assist you getting your PAC printed at your local print shop, they could also come up with a solution for any other folk who might want to do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Thomas. I get that you don't care for this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the OP opening this thread. It is good to know that there are copyrite concerns with printing a second PAC at a local printer. I would expect that whatever answer GMT provides to this issue would be posted here(by the OP, if necessary).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
I appreciate the OP opening this thread. It is good to know that there are copyrite concerns with printing a second PAC at a local printer. I would expect that whatever answer GMT provides to this issue would be posted here(by the OP, if necessary).

From what I've heard, it's hit or miss whether a given print shop will print something like this. Some do, some don't, and for some it probably depends on the day of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
arjisme wrote:

From what I've heard, it's hit or miss whether a given print shop will print something like this. Some do, some don't, and for some it probably depends on the day of the week.

Now there's an idea that I hadn't considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
edelrio wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
arjisme wrote:

Check the rules and see if there is one of those notes about "may copy for personal use" sort of thing - if you can find it, take the rules too and point that out. (I do know some games do print that; dunno about this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
edelrio wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
arjisme wrote:

Check the rules and see if there is one of those notes about "may copy for personal use" sort of thing - if you can find it, take the rules too and point that out. (I do know some games do print that; dunno about this)

No such permission. I posted a comment at GMT. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Freda
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to a self copy store and do it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Dooley
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Or scan it yourself and print it on a color printer. Admittedly, you will have two sheets that will need to be two-sided or four sheets single-sided. But you end up with what you seek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anciengamer wrote:
Or scan it yourself and print it on a color printer. Admittedly, you will have two sheets that will need to be two-sided or four sheets single-sided. But you end up with what you seek.

GMT just about always releases PDFs of updated materials. So the quality would be better if you just grabbed and printed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.