10 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Circe Metamorphosis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rano Noah
Germany
flag msg tools
I had my first game today, and chose Circe as one of my heroes.

But I don't understand the description of her "Metamorphosis" power.

Text says:

"Circe may destroy a unit of enemy troops in her surroundings.

If she does this, she may immediately recall Circe's Wolves at no cost."

What does that mean? If she kills any troop, she may do that recall? Or is she able to destroy any troops in her surroundings without rolling dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I take it to mean no dice roll needed. She just destroys a unit of enemy troops in her area, or an adjacent area. Then she can recall her wolves for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She just activates her ability and POOF, the squad is destroyed and she summons the wolves (transforms the squad into them).

She is a vicious anti squad hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I bet she works particulary well when facing a weaker god who really benefits from having troops to protect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Grodd1016 wrote:
I take it to mean no dice roll needed. She just destroys a unit of enemy troops in her area, or an adjacent area. Then she can recall her wolves for free.

Her area and the surrounding areas as well? That's huge! Why is she only worth 2 RP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Her area and the surrounding areas as well? That's huge! Why is she only worth 2 RP?

Surrounding in the Rulebook is described as "Units in their area and adjacent area".

She only two because though shes great against troops, shes not as effective against troop light games and ive definitely run armies with maybe 1 troop at most, sometimes none (Im more a monster guy myself), plus her stats are low to compensate too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roboraygun wrote:
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Surrounding in the Rulebook is described as "Units in their area and adjacent area".

She only two because though shes great against troops, shes not as effective against troop light games and ive definitely run armies with maybe 1 troop at most, sometimes none (Im more a monster guy myself), plus her stats are low to compensate too.

Indeed. It's a bit early to say for certain whether troops will eventually turn out to be worthwhile, especially since a good number of heroes (and even one or two gods) are designed to have some synergy with them, but for the moment it looks as though "strong against troops" is barely worthwhile, because troops themselves are barely worthwhile.

Compare this, for example, with Atalanta, who is already notorious for being garbage at 2RP... except Atalanta has some pretty OK abilities, gives you 3 AOW cards and has 5 activation cards which also turn into (2.5) AOW cards if you manage to get her killed.

Nvm... I don't know where I got the impression that Atalanta gives you 3 AOWs, still crap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

She only destroys one troop though, not all troops in surrounding areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think it says “unit of troops”. She also gets wolves which have guard and heal her when they are recalled; she is bonkers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

She only destroys one troop though, not all troops in surrounding areas.

I think you meant: "She only destroys one unit of troops though, not all units of troops..."

I.e., if Hoplites and Spartans were in her surroundings, she would have to pick one or the other and remove all the figures for that unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.