8 Posts

Hansa Teutonica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Additional office.....can there be more than 1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Can I use multiple bonus tiles to put, say, 3 additional offices to teh lest of the existing filled spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see anything in the rules nor implied in the rules that says you cannot. So I would say yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adultman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that you can.

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I seem to remember this being discussed under determining city control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Not in one turn. But yes, multiple additional offices can be placed in a single city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say that you cannot establish an office/improve an ability and use a bonus token to establish an additional office when claiming a route?

It's a "bonus" after all.

Has this been FAQ'd or has the designer errataed this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It doesn't say you can't, it just never says that you can.

When you establish a trade route, you choose one of up to three possible benefits:

a) Place a Kontor
b) Gain a Skill Level
c) Staff a Merchant on the Coellen-Warburg track for Prestige Points.

The bonus marker in question allows you to ignore the placement restrictions when choosing the "Place a Kontor" benefit above. Nowhere does it say you may use the marker to place an additional Kontor or place a Kontor at any other time than when choosing "Place a Kontor".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the confusion as the rules say “additional” or “extra” office. It’s an additional or extra office over and above the number of offices available in the city and not extra or additional to the office to the one office a player may place when clearing a route.

So, you can place exactly one merchant (trader) in an office when you clear a route. You place in the left most empty space provided you have sufficient privilege to do so. You make place an office to the left of the city (and any other offices already there to the left of the city) by using the “extra office” bonus marker provided there is at least on office already established in the city.

That’s it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.