8 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shae & Ranger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I recently started another campaign and had a couple of questions regarding some specific characters:

1) Shae's power that let her look at 2 treasures and then discard one.

When exactly does it apply? Does it work every time someone looks at a treasure? Does it work only when she gets a treasure as a reward for loot?

What about if a story event says to put a treasure card on the floor, does anyone who pick it up look at it except Shae who picks one of two?

2) Ranger's trap ability
Don't have the text in front of me, but it says when an enemy goes into it, that enemy is stunned.

What if an enemy is just spawned at the area? Does it count as entering?
What if an enemy was already in the area? Does it count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Gaetz
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played the first time with these characters so I may be corrected on this, which is great because I can learn something too!

With both characters I followed the wording precisely.

Only Shae gets the choice of two cards, so she has to be the active hero drawing the treasure card and when she draws the card she can draw two and keep one. It’s specifically her ability not a global ability.

In regard to the trap, if the trap is placed before the enemy enters the space (including spawning on that space) it gets stunned. The trap has to be in the space before the enemy arrives. From a thematic perspective the enemy would see the trap being set and beable to avoid it.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
What if an enemy is just spawned at the area? Does it count as entering?
What if an enemy was already in the area? Does it count?

I agree with Shady Bits, but wanted to clarify for these questions:

* Yes, when an enemy spawns it counts as entering the area (so they would hit the trap, get afflicted by any Fire tokens in the area, etc.)
* No, an enemy already in an area when a trap is set would not be affected (because the trap is the thing entering the area, not the enemy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Alright. What about items on the ground?

For example, there is a story event that puts a treasure where you start.

So you put 1 card on the floor.

But if Shae picks it up, does she get a selection from 2 cards??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmb
No. That item is already in the game. She only gets to pull 2 when she is pulling them from the deck as part of her turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Gilgermesh wrote:
No. That item is already in the game. She only gets to pull 2 when she is pulling them from the deck as part of her turn.

So basically only when she picks up a loot token or treasure chest?
(And maybe a story event)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Bumping for another question on Ranger:

Archer Hero Ability says that for an action, once per round, you can attack with a bow after an attack targeting another enemy.

Rain of Arrows says your next Bow attack inflicts AOE.

So... If I have, let's say Blue and Green gremlins in the same square. Can I use both abilities, make an attack targeting the Green Gremlin turn it into an AOE attack that will also affect the Blue Gremlin - then use Twin Arrows to attack the Blue Gremlin again since it's a different attack and he wasn't the primary target?

Or since you affected him via AOE you can't target him at all and if you want to use Twin Arrows you have to pick a third target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Bumping for another question on Ranger:

Archer Hero Ability says that for an action, once per round, you can attack with a bow after an attack targeting another enemy.

Rain of Arrows says your next Bow attack inflicts AOE.

So... If I have, let's say Blue and Green gremlins in the same square. Can I use both abilities, make an attack targeting the Green Gremlin turn it into an AOE attack that will also affect the Blue Gremlin - then use Twin Arrows to attack the Blue Gremlin again since it's a different attack and he wasn't the primary target?

Or since you affected him via AOE you can't target him at all and if you want to use Twin Arrows you have to pick a third target?

You target the green on your first attack, so you should be able to target the blue on your second attack. AoE effects do not target anything. They just affect all enemies within the area of effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.