Scythe» Forums » Variants

Subject: Trading amongst players, would it break the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bloviation_über_playtest [+] [View All]
Matt Green
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Would it break the game if I were to have an option on a player's turn to trade resources with other players (Catan)

It could be open to all players or maybe restricted to players controlling hexes adjacent to yours and only the resources in those hexes?

Maybe the trading could be extended to coins and combat cards or even factory and objective cards?

Any thoughts on this? How it might change the game for better or worse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For worse: extended play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For theme sake, trade should only be allowed with players on either side of your territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is trading with other players it should be part of an action, maybe an addition to the trade action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I find trading makes games more political and causes people to play more emotionally. I think it'd make it worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the emotional part. Risk of making Scythe more of a party game. Like Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you kind of already do this? Move resources to a border territory. Move units out, leaving resources. Trading partner moves in, thus taking control of resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Can't you kind of already do this? Move resources to a border territory. Move units out, leaving resources. Trading partner moves in, thus taking control of resources.

OMG ... you can totally do this, and in one turn. Attack in two locations, one with the resources you want (which you ask them to throw the battle to you), and one bringing along the resources you are getting rid of (in which you throw that battle to them). You also both get a star out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.