Lancaster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initial setup of noblemen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evil Banker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The wording for placing the nobles during initial setup is confusing to me. The rules state:

"Sort the nobleman tiles by the letters on their back and randomly place each pile face open in one of the counties. The exact number of tiles depends on the number of players."

The there is a table for the number of noblemen per county based on how many players.

I'm not sure how to phrase my question. I just feel like this might be poor wording on how to set up the nobles. Maybe I need a step by step rundown!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Bass
United States
Morristown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort the nobleman tiles into stacks based on type (letter).

Then each county should receive a stack of identical noblemen: the number of noblemen in each county's stack depends on the number of players (generally one fewer tile than players, except for two-player, which gets two per county). It doesn't really matter which stack of noblemen goes into each county, but I find it easiest to stick a stack of tokens labelled "A" into the county labelled "A."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Banker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thank you very much! That helped a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.