Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #2» Forums » Rules

Subject: LATW us in CC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Jennings
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I have noticed that the LATW (Light Anti-Tank Weapons); BAZ (Bazooka) and PSK (Panzershrek) have a zero range on the back of their counters. This would infer that the LAWT's can be used in CC (Close Combat), however, I find no rules concerning their use in CC.

Is the LATW's FP (Fire Power) factored into the CC or are the LATW's fired separately and therefore must score a TH (To Hit) first, hence the zero on the back of the counter?

I am playing ASLSK #2.

This situation came up in Scenario S15 "Hammer to the Teeth when the a German Squad entered a building and initiated CC with a squad of Americans and the German's had a PSK in their possession.

Can anyone shed some light on if it is possible to use the BAZ, PSK, or any other LATW during CC?

If yes, what are the rules for the LATW applications in CC? If you can cite any applicable rule numbers in your reply that would be very helpful.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Ramaille
France
Meaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No SW or LATW use during CC. The zero range may be used when a tank enters your location (CC reaction fire) or stays in your location (but I think the squad is locked in normal CC in that case). This could only happen in ASLK3, never in ASLK2. Or in full ASL when a vehicle tries to overrun or bypass in your hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesix wrote:
I have noticed that the LATW (Light Anti-Tank Weapons); BAZ (Bazooka) and PSK (Panzershrek) have a zero range on the back of their counters. This would infer that the LAWT's can be used in CC

Your inference is mistaken. They have a number for rolling TH at range 0 because sometimes the range to your target will be 0 hexes, i.e., the vehicle is in your hex!

No SW (of any type) can be used in CC [EXC: in full ASL, German MMC can sometimes use ATMM, and occasionally you'll see special rules for British squads making use of Gammon bombs].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.