6 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Variants

Subject: RedJak Automated Imperial Deploy and Reinforce question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tainted cereal
msg tools
In the rules it states:

"If the Imperial AI places reinforcements, then it will not attempt to deploy a new group."

I ran into situations where there was only a single group of enemies left and the AI would reinforce this single group, but never deploy a new group and then stockpile it's threat each round. You could "game" the AI by just leaving some enemies in a group alive.

Am I doing this wrong? If the AI reinforces an existing group, but has fewer than 4 groups will it still use the remaining threat to deploy a new group?

Thank you for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you check RedJak's Automated Imperial Variant (RAIV) V1 - Under new management?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im using that mod as well, and it seems quite clear about reinforcement rules. Played a few missions so far, but never had a problem with that, since he will try to reinforce only if he has 4+ groups in play. Bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tainted cereal
msg tools
Raffa80 wrote:
he will try to reinforce only if he has 4+ groups in play. Bye.

I see, that's what I was getting wrong. Thank you for the clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Spadano
Italy
Pescara (PE)
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually even though the mechanism seems very well thought, I had a couple of situations where I would have chosen differently. The AI had let's say 6 threat and 3 groups in play, by rules he should try to deploy, but the card drawn has a higher cost, so the card is put back in the deck and the threat saved for the next round. But in some particular situations, i.e. when game is in the last round, I would rather spend those points on reinforcing than saving, if I can't deploy. I think I'm house ruling this, comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tainted cereal
msg tools
That's a good point. Perhaps if its the last round, you could continue to draw deployment cards until there is one you can afford, then use remaining threat to reinforce if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.