Subject: The Audience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Karl
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,
Maybe I missed it at some point but I just received my Kickstarter copy with the Audience luminary but cant seem to find the rules for how it works anywhere, does anybody know it's effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn Ellis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The official effect of the Audience Luminary is this:

When the Luminary is revealed, each player immediately sows a card face down into the field of the Audience. In a two player game, each player sows two facedown cards. Once all of these cards have been sown, they are all revealed. Players don't draw to replace these cards until the end of their next turn.

With that said, the following rule was suggested by a backer online and I think it's a fun variant if you actually have spectators.

... As we had a couple of people in the room watching, but not playing, we decreed that the Audience Luminary meant that any spectator was allowed to decide which of the other luminaries it would act as.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the field repopulate as normal or do the sown cards count as the repopulation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn Ellis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello! The cards sown by players count as the re-population.

-Jenn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kassiday
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I could find no description of the audience's function in any of the documents that came with the game. Thanks for asking and for two-gether answering ☺

One other oddity was I got two copies of the okus-es for the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Clapdog
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for this - where can I find this in the rule book / apocrypha for future reference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Preble
United States
Grafton
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, as it's not in the rule book or apocrypha. I suspect the rules are buried somewhere in Kickstarter comments or updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go here:

The Audience rule reference

Alex Kidd created a file that you can print out and insert into your rules book.

I think the reason that it is not included in the rules / apocrypha is that it is a kickstarter exclusive. If they did then the people that bought it at retail would be confused on why they did not have that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.