Subject: Houserules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've read a few reviews and a lot of comments slamming the game, are the issues with the game that detract from it easily houseruled or is it too structural? I can only get these numbers of people around sparingly so I don't want to try it and see it flop or not work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Townsend
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I played it for the first time the other day and we weren't overall impressed. A lot of our dislike towards the games were just how unclear the rulebook was and a few of times we had to assume what the correct course of action was. The IDing of the cards whilst wearing the red glasses was a mixed bag, some players found it easy whilst others found it extremely difficult. We didn't play with the professions though given how poor the rules in the book are and we know that it doesn't give any extra details on the professions, doing so would have probably made the game more confusing. Overall though, my main concern was that it did not feel like a good deception game. Come the end I had no idea who was on what team and nobody else did either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Hovannisian
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Unofortunate. I was really looking forward to the game. I just bought it brand new, so I have not opened it yet. Just started reading the rules, and it does seem like there is a lot of clutter. Have you played multiple times, and have your experiences been the same every game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.