Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the situation - I advance a Assault team into a Village in WWII (Multi Story).

I have the AT search for cover in the General Iniative Phase - I find cover, but when resolving on the Urban Cover Probablity Table I get a 5, therefore it is +1 Cover.

How do I find the second level of the building in the future. 5.2.3c indicates that I need to find cover

Quote:
If a result is Light Building or Strong Building and the card contains a multi-story or church indicator, you get an Upper Story or Church Tower marker (respectively) in addition to the indicated building marker (5.2.2B).

So do I have to keep searching for cover to find the second story? Or does it exist and I just do not have the extra modifiers on the cover?

Thanks
Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you find a Strong Building then you find also an upper story (+3). Is the same cover, but placed in a second level (+1 level, as a hill card).

Everytime you find a strong building then + upper story of the same protection ratio (+3). They only count as one cover against the cover card limit, but you need to move between them as like they were two differents places (one command to go down, one command to go up or one command to get out of the building).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanks - so then I think I can say that if I only find +1 Cover that I do not find an upper story.

I guess thematically it represents that the Village is perhaps bombed or in rubble or no second story buildings.

I will have to keep looking - really need to find a place for my Arty FO and HMG....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
You're right. Cover +1 means a demolished building or rubble, so you cannot find an upper story from a cover +1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is something I'm not sure to understand.
If I find a regular cover, the cover of the unit is now the cover of the card + 1.
If I find a strong building (and an upper level if applicable), the cover of the unit is still the cover of the card? Not cover +3?

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, the cover of the card (+1)+ the natural/building cover. You have to add both covers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Chao
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that a unit in cover cannot seek cover. So your AT in the +1 cover would have to 1) "Move from cover" then 2) "Attempt to Seek Cover".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haplo_Patryn wrote:
No, the cover of the card (+1)+ the natural/building cover. You have to add both covers.

So a unit is a village (cover +3) inside a strong cover would have a cover +6?

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.