Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Weapon Enchantments... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
So a melee guard unit gets a range weapon as their treasure. The range weapon's enchantments just say "attack: blah". This enchantment can't go off, because the range weapon is never being used to attack with, correct?

Also, can a hero have 2 2-handed weapons on his board normally? Even if he is only using one. If so, if I use one of the two 2-handed weapons and the other 2-handed weapon is of the same combat type, could I use the enchantments on that weapon? Even though I didn't use it in the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightspiker wrote:
So a melee guard unit gets a range weapon as their treasure. The range weapon's enchantments just say "attack: blah". This enchantment can't go off, because the range weapon is never being used to attack with, correct?

Yes. The Guardian must be using the matching attack type in order to use Enchantments on Weapons.

Quote:
Also, can a hero have 2 2-handed weapons on his board normally? Even if he is only using one.

No. The two hands are a restriction of what you can equip. For this reason, I usually place two-handed weapons partially overlapping both had slots.

Quote:
If so, if I use one of the two 2-handed weapons and the other 2-handed weapon is of the same combat type, could I use the enchantments on that weapon? Even though I didn't use it in the fight.

Given that it wasn't so, I'll answer a slightly different question. Assume a Hero had a one-handed Melee Weapon and one-handed Magic Weapon equipped. When he attacks, he only uses the dice, Combat Skills and Enchantments of the Weapon that matches the Action he is taking (Melee or Magic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Nightspiker wrote:

Yes. The Guardian must be using the matching attack type in order to use Enchantments on Weapons.

Quote:
Also, can a hero have 2 2-handed weapons on his board normally? Even if he is only using one.

No. The two hands are a restriction of what you can equip. For this reason, I usually place two-handed weapons partially overlapping both had slots.

Quote:
If so, if I use one of the two 2-handed weapons and the other 2-handed weapon is of the same combat type, could I use the enchantments on that weapon? Even though I didn't use it in the fight.

Given that it wasn't so, I'll answer a slightly different question. Assume a Hero had a one-handed Melee Weapon and one-handed Magic Weapon equipped. When he attacks, he only uses the dice, Combat Skills and Enchantments of the Weapon that matches the Action he is taking (Melee or Magic).

Not that I don't believe you, because I agree with you that you probably can't hold two 2-handed weapons on your board unless you have a rule saying so (which a character hero does have). Is there a rule page you could direct me towards for it though?

I would guess then that if you can't have two 2-handed weapons on your board and pick which one to use per combat...you can't have a 2-handed weapon and a 1-handed weapon either on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightspiker wrote:
Not that I don't believe you, because I agree with you that you probably can't hold two 2-handed weapons on your board unless you have a rule saying so (which a character hero does have). Is there a rule page you could direct me towards for it though?

I can give you two rules references...
MD Rules p19 wrote:
a Hero can only
Equip 1 Body Equipment card and up to 2 Hand (or 1 Two-
Handed) Equipment cards at a time.

MD Rules p20 wrote:
Two-Handed Equipment cards
occupy a single slot, but take
up both of a Hero’s hands, so he
cannot use the other Hand slot.
They cannot be paired with an
Equipment bearing the Hand
or Two-Handed to add
together their Combat dice.

Quote:
I would guess then that if you can't have two 2-handed weapons on your board and pick which one to use per combat...you can't have a 2-handed weapon and a 1-handed weapon either on the board?

Exactly, as addressed in the second rules quote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Nightspiker wrote:

I can give you two rules references...
MD Rules p19 wrote:
a Hero can only
Equip 1 Body Equipment card and up to 2 Hand (or 1 Two-
Handed) Equipment cards at a time.

MD Rules p20 wrote:
Two-Handed Equipment cards
occupy a single slot, but take
up both of a Hero’s hands, so he
cannot use the other Hand slot.
They cannot be paired with an
Equipment bearing the Hand
or Two-Handed to add
together their Combat dice.

Quote:

Exactly, as addressed in the second rules quote.

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.