Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara Fettle
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal of this variant is to reduce some of the luck.

Pull out all the military units, and every tile that has a shield. They are always available for purchase. Put all tiles which supply victory points into the bag. Put all the Black Cloud, Volcano, granery, and dwarven miner tiles onto the bag. Sort all the remaining tiles and arrange them by the scoring track.

During the purchase phase a player may buy any tile from the stacks of tiles, OR he may pull a tile from the bag, if he can afford it, he MUST buy it, otherwise, it is arranged with the other tiles.

Play is otherwise unchanged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting! I have been thinking about variants that support a certain theme (i.e., wizardry, military, interaction, ...), both in terms of the event cards and the tile set, but not as radically as this.

What's your experience playing? Does it make the game faster, more competitive as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.