Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAMR
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Una foto del prototipo que usaron el aƱo pasado ...
=======================================================

A photo of the prototype that they used last year ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Julio_Alberto wrote:

A photo of the prototype that they used last year ..

rofl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
No no no... they rounded the card corners! Huge progress. https://imgur.com/a/DbBxS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
No no no... they rounded the card corners! Huge progress. https://imgur.com/a/DbBxS

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. Only took 'em a year to buy a corner cutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there updated rules for this new version, and, if so, are they posted anywhere (even if in prototype form)? It looks like you could proxy pretty much everything else, especially with the terrain crates coming out shortly. The only thing difficult to match would be the updated board, but maybe that could be printed on a large playmat from one of the online services if a high-res image is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
HQF explained that he asked to GZ to send him this prototype in order to show it on a convention in France. He also asked to Hasbro AUTHORISATION to show it. HQF was saying during 4 last years that GZ has the rights for this game in EU....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Donatien wrote:
HQF explained that he asked to GZ to send him this prototype in order to show it on a convention in France. He also asked to Hasbro AUTHORISATION to show it. HQF was saying during 4 last years that GZ has the rights for this game in EU....

HQF has also given like 10 passed due dates for shipping, so, clearly he's a reliable source for the truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kugler
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, every normal company would habe made a prototype in 2014 before starting the campaign. Printing a game board and making a few miniatures doesn't sound like magic to me, for a company in the miniature business...

This looks like a sad excuse for some progress, even though nothing was made. So I asume nothing new from the printers. It's been only half a year now, we better give them a bit more time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mv1a_80 wrote:

This looks like a sad excuse for some progress, even though nothing was made. So I asume nothing new from the printers. It's been only half a year now, we better give them a bit more time

Maybe next year they can show the prototype with a box and an insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
pinkymadigan wrote:
Donatien wrote:

HQF has also given like 10 passed due dates for shipping, so, clearly he's a reliable source for the truth.
HQF said that Hasbro France has property for France. But GZ cab sell and delivery game from Spain to France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kid Loco
msg tools
the question is: what they are doing in the meantime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KidLoco99 wrote:
the question is: what they are doing in the meantime?

Make boxes full of minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:

To be completely fair, they ALSO managed to strip all that disgusting paint off the minis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Stop mocking HQ25. They're working on it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deano Ware
United States
Farmington Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Am I the only one who got a Black Friday email from Gamezone and when I clicked on it they are actually taking "PRE-ORDERS" for Heroquest 25th Anniversary - a game that doesn't exist!! Haven't they done for the last three years? Isn't there a lawsuit supposed to be stopping them from doing this? What the heck is going on in the EU? If this company was in the USA their warehouse would be padlocked by now!! I follow this thread but rarely comment but I can't take this anymore. Also why is shipping for the so called Heroquest 25th Anniversay 11 EURO but backers paid $80 USD three years ago for so called "shipping" when we were lied to and told the game was shipping that March? Wtf is going in Europe? Don't you guys have anything resembling an Attorney General or Consumer Protections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
dcware wrote:

If this company was in the USA their warehouse would be padlocked by now!!

That presumes that there was ever a warehouse to be padlocked.

dcware wrote:

Also why is shipping for the so called Heroquest 25th Anniversay 11 EURO but backers paid $80 USD three years ago for so called "shipping" when we were lied to and told the game was shipping that March?

You sort of answered your own question there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kugler
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apart from the obvious answers, which were given often enough:

dcware wrote:

Am I the only one who got a Black Friday email from Gamezone and when I clicked on it they are actually taking "PRE-ORDERS" for Heroquest 25th Anniversary - a game that doesn't exist!!

Where does it say, that a game has to be finished, to be sold as a preorder? There are preorders for other games as well, which are not translated for example. I had to wait nearly a year for a German version of a Descent expansion. I'm not defending anyone, but that's the difference between an order and a preorder to me.

Oh, and of course it doesn't exist. That's why it is called crowdfunding. What they've done with our money the last couple of years, is beyond my knowledge, at least they didn't make a game with it šŸ˜Š

dcware wrote:

Also why is shipping for the so called Heroquest 25th Anniversay 11 EURO but backers paid $80 USD three years ago for so called "shipping" when we were lied to and told the game was shipping that March?

Maybe it's because the 80,- were for the level 3 pledge? The website only sells HQ with the content of a level 1 pledge. But I don't know that, i paid ā‚¬35,- for shipping back then (level 3). And we should receive a voucher for the amount of shipping, which I didn't get so far too.

What really takes the piss for me, is selling metal versions of all the miniatures this weekend šŸ˜
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
The publishers are doing an excellent job of building anticipation! Have there been any products demonstrations at conventions or trade fairs in Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kugler
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only one I'm aware of, was the presentation of the prototype last year at that Spanish expo. No sign of life since then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
werekin wrote:
The publishers are doing an excellent job of building anticipation!
Like they say, when you're in a hole, keep on digging,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
werekin wrote:
The publishers are doing an excellent job of building anticipation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcware wrote:

Am I the only one who got a Black Friday email from Gamezone and when I clicked on it they are actually taking "PRE-ORDERS" for Heroquest 25th Anniversary - a game that doesn't exist!! Haven't they done for the last three years? Isn't there a lawsuit supposed to be stopping them from doing this? What the heck is going on in the EU? If this company was in the USA their warehouse would be padlocked by now!! I follow this thread but rarely comment but I can't take this anymore. Also why is shipping for the so called Heroquest 25th Anniversay 11 EURO but backers paid $80 USD three years ago for so called "shipping" when we were lied to and told the game was shipping that March? Wtf is going in Europe? Don't you guys have anything resembling an Attorney General or Consumer Protections?

There is no Attorney General for Europe, at least in the American sense. There is some European level court but they are not going to take action on this, as probably does not involve European law, only Spanish law.

At Spanish level, there is an Attorney General (who is vacant right now as the previous one just died unexpectedly a few days ago) and various Consumer Protection organizations and NGOs.

Up until now, as far as I can see, nobody has taken the route of putting a class-action lawsuit against Gamezone, not I am sure that this issue has been reported to the consumer protection agencies or the general attorney. I will look up whether this had happen.

What has happen, though, is that some backers have gone the Small Claims Court way. All of them, as far as I know, have won and the money was being seized from Gamezone and returned to the plaintiffs, plus a legal interest on top of that.

Now, I've heard that there is a group of italian backers that are speaking about initiating a class-action lawsuit. That would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I seem to recall something about the crowdfunding platform (Lazanos?) they were using taking legal action of some kind. Did anything ever come of that?

I don't remember the details, but they took some kind of poll regarding how they should proceed among backers, and the final vote was in favour of some kind of legal action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
I seem to recall something about the crowdfunding platform (Lazanos?) they were using taking legal action of some kind. Did anything ever come of that?

They have said a few times that they may take legal action, but they never end up doing so. I do not take Lanzanos seriously anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |