Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night was our first game - we won the first two scenarios, barely, and I am quite sure we made some mistakes. So I would like to ask if

1) At the end of Scenario 2 the Conlusion reads (don't have the book near me) - "time to return to Gloomhaven". Does that mean that a) we have to draw a road event card as the 2nd location is not linked to Gloomhaven? b) and can do a town event?

Nevermind - found the answer in FAQ: No, you only do a road event when traveling to a scenario.

2) Also, the boss summons an elite Living Bones. Is that Living bones treated as summoned or not? We descided it was not a summon as it was represented by a token standee.

3) Does a boss drop a money token when killed?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2): It is treated as a Living Bone, uses the Living Bone deck etc. But does not drop a money token when dead. And are you sure it is an elite Living Bone?
3): Its still a Monster, so yes, it drops a money token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Username
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We also finished Scenario 2 yesterday.
2. Living bones was treated like a normal monster. We missed it being Elite thou.
3. Don't know, I tried a quick look for it in the rule book but we decided it was a monster like the rest and that it dropped a money token.

Edit: Michael beat me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Von Strubel"]2): It is treated as a Living Bone, uses the Living Bone deck etc. But does not drop a money token when dead. And are you sure it is an elite Living Bone?/q]
Nope - I don't have the book at hand. But think it was that for 1-2 players it is normal, for 3-4 it is elite. And we were 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) Maybe I don't really understand the argument or the question. But we just used the Living Bones standees, and we actually DID treat them as summons. They are summoned by an action, after all, and not part of the initial room setup. So they cannot act on the turn they are summoned and do not drop loot tokens.

3) As the boss is part of the initial room setup, he does drop a loot token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wibs wrote:
Von Strubel wrote:
2): It is treated as a Living Bone, uses the Living Bone deck etc. But does not drop a money token when dead. And are you sure it is an elite Living Bone?

Nope - I don't have the book at hand. But think it was that for 1-2 players it is normal, for 3-4 it is elite. And we were 4.

You are correct, those are the special rules with 3 or 4 players in scenario 2. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Username
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
Wibs wrote:
Von Strubel wrote:

You are correct, those are the special rules with 3 or 4 players in scenario 2. thumbsup
That makes sense. We where 2 players so therefore a normal Living Bone. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wibs wrote:
2) Also, the boss summons an elite Living Bones. Is that Living bones treated as summoned or not? We descided it was not a summon as it was represented by a token.

I'm confused why this isn't confirmed: the Living Bones are a summoned monster in this scenario. They don't attack until their next turn, and they don't drop coins, they only can be summoned in empty hexes.

Summoned monsters do get their own initiative, b/c they have their own ability decks. They are different than player summons, see the bottom of pg. 31 in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wibs wrote:
2) Also, the boss summons an elite Living Bones. Is that Living bones treated as summoned or not? We descided it was not a summon as it was represented by a token.
The Boss summons an Elite Living Bones. The LB is therefore a summons. Why do you think that it should be represented by a token rather than a standee? Are you confusing the rules for monsters performing summons with summons performed by characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.