The Giant Inconvenience of Planet X
msg tools
experience points only have a few mentions in the entire rules PDF... most in the "definitions" section.. and all the definitions just say they are things you spend.= to get cards... I can not find any mention of how you earn them

Literally searching the entire pdf for "experience" only finds a few mentions?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They will show up in the game. You will know when you get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll know when you can get some and when you can use them.
Giving you answers would spoil the surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Giant Inconvenience of Planet X
msg tools
i do not really care about surprises.. I prefer to understand the game... like I am drawing action cards and as lovecraft that need to spend experience points.. but I have no idea what they are, how rare they are or how you gain them.

So regardless of the "spoiler" I would prefer the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Certain things that you do give you experience points as rewards. They have the number 003. So if you defeat a snake, it will say, draw card 003. You stack them under your satchel and journal.

To spend them, you need to do something which makes you draw a card 000. This is usually resting somewhere nice. The card says you draw 4 advanced skill cards and you may purchase them for experience points to your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
i do not really care about surprises.. I prefer to understand the game... like I am drawing action cards and as lovecraft that need to spend experience points.. but I have no idea what they are, how rare they are or how you gain them.

If you want all the rules of the game up front, you may find this game too frustrating. The manual explains the framework to play, but not how to survive in the harsh world of the 7th continent. That you'll have to discover for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:

Well you're playing Lovecraft, so you'll avoid the second part of the usual problem. But in general, you're over-worrying.

Experience points the way they do in all games. You kill things or do cool stuff, you gain experience points. The same way cards will tell you to take card X to get the treasure you dug up, or to fight the monster you just encountered, they will tell you when to take experience.

The "catch" to experience in 7th Continent isn't getting experience, its when you're allowed to spend it to "level up". You need to find specific resting areas the let you draw the 000 card, which is the card that lets you spend experience on new cards. People playing without Lovecraft will often get experience and not know how to spend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.