Risk: Star Wars Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Death Star taking out Rebel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Rosenblum
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I accidentally pointed to a rebel base that was already blown up to blow it up as the Empire. My friends said since I pointed to it and rolled I lost my roll b/c it was already out of play. If I try to attack a rebel base that already has been blown up by accident does that even count or do I just get to re roll and pick another rebel base??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say, "Choose a face-up Rebel fleet marker... and roll two dice." So I'd say that if you point to a face down marker, you haven't yet followed the instructions, and you can choose properly. They could make a case that you need to re-roll since you rolled before choosing.

But in general, rules for games other than competitive tournament games (e.g., chess, Magic) don't cover such details. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't punch the Rebel player, but you shouldn't. Those are the kinds of things that you'll have to work out in your group. If everyone else wants to look for trifling and incidental infractions and nullify actions in a way that's generally not in the spirit of the rules, then either go with that or find a new game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Find new friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not chess. There is no "touching" or "pointing" rule. Unless otherwise written into the rules, it should be considered both player's responsibility to avoid illegal moves, which is what this example was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.