Jonathan Bowell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Greetings!

My wife loves mysteries. She is an avid agatha christie reader and love clue. We have played and enjoyed mysterium. I was looking into a murder mystery dinner but most of the reviews make those sound pretty lame. Any recommendations for a fun party game for 6-8 that involves a level of strategy/mystery?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
jibowell wrote:
Greetings!

My wife loves mysteries. She is an avid agatha christie reader and love clue. We have played and enjoyed mysterium. I was looking into a murder mystery dinner but most of the reviews make those sound pretty lame. Any recommendations for a fun party game for 6-8 that involves a level of strategy/mystery?

Thanks!

There's Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases.
Technically it plays up to 8.
Personally I think it plays better with a smaller group (like 4 max).
But you could look at it and see if you could figure out a way to do 8.
One option would be to break into smaller teams and either compete with each other on a given case, or do separate cases (there are a bunch in the box.) With some brainstorming, this might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong:
plays 4-12, but best at 6-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
wreadsiii wrote:
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong:
plays 4-12, but best at 6-8

Deception is fantastic with 6-8. I'd argue is the best in the party game/hidden role genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong is awesome but also look at Watson & Holmes if your group falls between 4 and 7 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.