Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I here AP is a possible problem with this game? I have a very AP prone friend, and wondered if anyone had played with a timer to force a choice after a reasonable(y short) amount of time?

Also, for you experienced players, how long should be long enough? I was thinking 10 seconds per player (i.e. in a 4-player game you get 40 seconds to do the cut)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the game has a lot of room for AP.
However, 10 seconds is way too short for the tairō. Up to 60 seconds sounds decent, and 20 for other players to accept/turn down the set.

To force a choice you can do the following:
Before the tairō lays out the cards, they must place 2 random troop cards + 1 random koku card + 1 random role card clearly apart from the rest of the cards/roles.

And they can exchange, add, remove cards from this random set. However, they may never remove the role tile unless they immediately swap it with another one.

So there is always a prepared set on the table and when the timer rings, the tairō is forced to offer the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
10 seconds is way too short for the tairō.

No I meant 10 seconds per player in the game, so 30 seconds in a three player game, 40 seconds in a 4 player game, etc..

But some great ideas there, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.