Subject: Passing clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Lenaghan
United Kingdom
Killingworth
flag msg tools
Sounds silly but I'll ask anyway...

Is passing done as a single action or do you pass after doing an action (guessing it's pass is separate)

Also...

When you pass on the last round for final scoring do you get the passing money bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lenaghano wrote:

Is passing done as a single action or do you pass after doing an action (guessing it's pass is separate)

Also...

When you pass on the last round for final scoring do you get the passing money bonus?

Quote from the rules

Quote:
After Passing, move your Turn order token to the leftmost available position of the next round and receive the Pass bonus money indicated. The order in which players pass determines the turn order for the next round.

Yes, you get the passing money bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lenaghano wrote:

Also...

1. Single action.
2. Yes you get the money.

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Lenaghan
United Kingdom
Killingworth
flag msg tools
Ah "of the next round" ... But there isn't another round as it's the end. That's why at least I've been curious about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You receive the bonus when you pass - not at the beginning of the next round. You move the turn marker to the row for the next round - but you get the coins when you pass.

That means the coins count towards end game scoring, basically adding one point (and a bit) to your final score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oliverkinne wrote:
You receive the bonus when you pass - not at the beginning of the next round. You move the turn marker to the row for the next round - but you get the coins when you pass.

That means the coins count towards end game scoring, basically adding one point (and a bit) to your final score.

So really the extra 16 or so coins are unlikely to make a difference. First pass gets 16, second 14, third 12 etc (if I remember correctly), so unlikely to change the final winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
mbmbmbmbmb
oliverkinne wrote:

Is that an official ruling from Juma? as the way I see it is that when you pass you place your marker on the row for the next round which has the money gained indicated on it, so after round 5 there is no row to place your marker on so therefore you don't get the cash? That's the way I play it and the rules as written seem to indicate this also IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkangeldown wrote:
oliverkinne wrote:

Is that an official ruling from Juma? as the way I see it is that when you pass you place your marker on the row for the next round which has the money gained indicated on it, so after round 5 there is no row to place your marker on so therefore you don't get the cash? That's the way I play it and the rules as written seem to indicate this also IMHO.

Well, no, I'm not an official representative of the game or the game designer - so no, it's not the official ruling. It's my interpretation of the rules.

However, as I say, I don't see it being much of a problem whichever way you interpret the rules. If everyone gets 10-16 coins as a free bonus at the very end of the game, players would gain at the most an extra two points.

For example, I have 14 coins at the end, I pass first, get 16 coins, thus have 30 coins - which equals 3 points. Without the extra 16 coins I would have had only 14 coins, i.e. 1 point for end game scoring.

So even though two extra points might in some cases make the difference between 1st/2nd or 2nd/3rd or 3rd/4th place, you have to remember that the other players will also get at least 1 extra point at the end.

So in reality the maximum extra point anyone would get, compared to other players, is 1 extra point. And that doesn't sound like a game changer to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkangeldown wrote:
oliverkinne wrote:

Yes, Juma answered this question here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.